Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Servicing Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought my skis (Dynastar Speedzone Cool a couple of years ago and have used them for just about 12 days. I only ski on piste and not that hard either. So I reckon I probably need them serviced now. I've managed to get another weeks skiing, in L2A on March the 9th so ideally I need them for then.

My question is do I get them done in UK before I go or get them done on arrival in L2A (should be L2A for about 3pm) ready to start skiing Sunday morning?

I live in rural Herefordshire and Gloucester ski slope is probably the nearest place I could get the serviced. Are there decent mail order collect and deliver services for this? If so any recommendations? Anyone one know of any ski servicing with 60 mins or so in Hereford?

Or

Would I be better to get them booked into a shop (again any recommendations please) in L2A on the Sat pm ready to collect on the Sunday?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Poshprop, Saturday night is going to be busy in the shops. Ski a couple of days and then take them in after skiing, collect in the morning.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Join the club of DIY ski servicers! I was sort of coerced into it when my daughter was racing, and ended up rather enjoying falling down the rabbit hole of technical stuff. But for just recreational skiing there is not that much to it, and it is very satisfying. With the benefit that you will probably service the skis more often, and ski on better prepared kit as a result.

The initial outlay on kit is not that much and will repay over a few years from what you save asking someone else to do it.

Plenty of advice here. Also have a look at https://www.thepisteoffice.com/# best place to but what you need and the owner is a snowhead always happy to provide advice too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're that far away from a decent service place, I'd second @zikomo, DIY is pretty easy. The worst/hardest part about it is not getting wax shavings all over the place, but a giant sheet of cordex or similar from the local DIY place is good as a floor covering.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy