Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which skis to rent and where from (Dolomites)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK although loving skiing I am not particularly an equipment head and have very rarely rented skis.

My own skis are Movement Buzz, an all mountain ski . I was in Val D'Isere last week and after a couple of days the off piste didn't seem to great and having bad knees I decided to try a pair of rental skis for the last three days to see if they were any easier on my knees. I am not sure what I actually rented as there was no description on the ski but they were Volkl and the chap in the rental shop assured me they were easy turning, they were from the premium selection at Intersport.

I have to say they were a revelation to ski on piste with a great edge grip on harder surfaces and very easy to turn.

I am about to head off to the dolomiites for 10 days, we will be based in Cortina for 4 days and Corvara for 6. I think I will rent again however am not sure what to ask for on the rental on line bookings. They all seem pretty pricey.
Any suggestions for a neophyte renter but fairly experienced skier?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy