Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Look SPX12 AFD toe setting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry, another binding question.

I was given/bought a pair of Rossi skis from a mate and I'm just setting them before heading to the Bash next week.

I'm fine with the pressure etc, I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance on the toe setting. Everything seems to say that as long as you set the AFD to gripwalk to suit the soles of my boots then that's it set. But if you do the paper between toe and binding thing there's no chance I can pull it out, it's clamped hard. Is that normal?

Asking for my knees...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The vast majority of older Look/Rossi/Dynastar toes up to and including 15/16 are for alpine soles only and can't be used with GW soles. And they all have auto height adjustment. There are a couple of models that have been retrospectively approved for GW but there's not many of them about.

Then came the Dual WTR/alpine toes for 16/17 and 17/18 which are the only version that have a manual height adjustment and for use with GW soles the AFD must be set to 'Alpine'.

Then from 18/19 came the latest and current GW/Alpine soles (easily identified as they have GripWalk written on them). These are auto height adjusting for either GW or alpine soles so you just set the forward pressure and the dins then you're good to go. There's nothing to 'set' on them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure the toepiece is self-adjusting aside from changing it to the GW setting, so there's always some resistance there, the paper trick only works on bindings with a manual height adjustment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yea, I set it to GW, it's the newer one with the screw to set between them. It has 'gripwalk' on it.

Just wanted to check as it seemed clamped down hard compared to my Marker ones that adjust manually.

Thanks for the reassurance.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy