Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowcard wear and tear policy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Just looking into getting insurance for going away next week and was tossing up between Snowcard and Skicover. Initially decided on Snowcard before then realising that baggage and ski equipment aren't included in the base quote, and when sticking it in, the cost jumped up and Skicover became cheaper. Ok, Skicover it is then. Check policy wording and oh, all my equipment (bar poles) is older than 5 years and therefore not covered. Ok back to Snowcard then to see what they say... "you will be covered for the replacement cost (after allowing for wear, tear and loss of value) of your snowsport equipment (snowboard or skis including bindings, boots and poles)" Anyone have any idea what they count as wear and tear? Skicover were quite explicit with descending percentages with age, but Snowcard seems a bit woolly. Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@el nombre, that's exactly what it means...same with every policy I've ever had. New skis covered 100%, reduces year on year till they are essentially worthless after 5 years. The skis might be perfect but it goes on age. Email snowcard..I've always found them very responsive and answering any questions I have
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be a like new replacement or anything, I was just wondering whether there's any point in even putting any coverage for it at all. I was all ready to pull the trigger before noticing which is why I was asking here first before just going straight to Snowcard.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@el nombre, just email them, you'll get a good response...or forget having cover
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
el nombre wrote:
I was just wondering whether there's any point in even putting any coverage for it at all.

No, there isn't.

Years ago I phoned Snowcard to confirm this and their representative even admitted to me he didn't bother with it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I successfully claimed with Snowcard last year under the ski equipment cover for hiring some touring skis when one of the (5 year old) bindings on my own ones broke. They actually covered the full cost of the hire (about £120) as there was no excess applied for this. It was most welcome!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They responded pretty promptly, so here's the slightly vague response if anyone is interested.

We don’t have a fixed scale for depreciation but the insurers will make an allowance for age based on current market value. For skis and boots that are 6/7 years old, they will not have much value any more so you will only need to select a modest sum insured.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@el nombre, I think that's pretty clear. In your position, as I did, don't bother picking the cover. By the time the excess is taken into account its hardly worth it
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks yeah, for me I don't think there's any point. If it wasn't so clear cut in terms of my stuff being too old though, I'd find the lack of specifics a bit off putting.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@el nombre, I think if you made a claim there would be an element of negotiation (i.e. you providing evidence) over the value of the lost kit. Much like when you make a claim for a written-off car.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We use Snowcard and zero everything and put £100 excess, only would need them for OP cover and heli evac, otherwise bank policy covers normal winter sports. Worth checking if your bank account covers winter sports, ours does.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy