Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a good way to meetup with people for offpisting as a solo tourist?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski amade area and looking to freeride as much as possible.

Not looking to suck the joy out of it with a guide.

Is there a way to meetup with people as I'm probably venturing into dodgy solo territory now.

Also the routes marked with a red dotted line are and square are avalanche controlled right?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Couple of ways I did:

1. Find similar minded people here on the forum, ideally living in the same area (to share transportaiton costs etc).
2. While on the mountain, look for the solo freeriders with same level as yours, talk with them on the chair about snow etc, and ask to ski together.
3. Join the freeride groups or freeride day with snow school, make connections with other people and ski togeher later

Cheers Ed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look for a destination specific off piste/freeride Facebook group.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a solo trip section here

Post in the resort threads looking to see if anyone wants to head out

I think wepowder have some kind of guide sharing service
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Origen wrote:
Quote:

Puzzled

Not sure what that means either Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I guess it means going places and skiing lines that a guide wouldn’t let you do rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guides always find places to ski with the best snow and usually no tracks when you thought everywhere was tracked out. It is normally the other way round - they take me places I would have thought might be dangerous, knowing my judgement isn't nearly as good as theirs. Mind you there are guides who are just going through the motions, but you don't hire them a second time or recommend them, do you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ionizingskin wrote:

Also the routes marked with a red dotted line are and square are avalanche controlled right?

No. They are patrolled and usually marked in terrain where there is a lower risk of avalanche. They will be closed off if the risk is too high. As you've probably worked out by now, the signs around the edges of the pisted area identity where there is a higher risk of avalanches.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowball, I completely concur with you - I think the absolute opposite is true, guides take you to the places that only highly experienced locals can. Very often you can find yourselves quite alone in the most amazing terrain after some very intricate and precise route taking. The places I have skied in the Arlberg with Franzi Trimmell/Graham Austick; in Paradiski with Steep and Deep (Oxygene), Pentes Fortes UCPA in Les Arcs could not be accessed unless you were with a super experienced and skillful local. I have spent most of the time just seeing the group I am skiing with. I would say that not using a guide might literally suck the life out of you, this is tragically what happened in 2009 in St Anton on the Rendl when some people followed our tracks. To get the best out of the mountains you need a guide.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy