Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breakfast in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

First time going to St Anton and my brother and I are staying in an apartment a couple of hundred metres from the Galzigbahn lift.

Our conundrum is, breakfast is not included and the accommodation doesn't have a kitchen, so we need to figure out where/how to get some breakfast for Wed to Sat next week.

Any St Anton old hands able to put us on the trail?

2 X mid-30s, will eat the carpet from under you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect that, like in other Austrian resorts, there'll be a load of hotels willing to relieve you of 10 or 15 euros each per day for an Austrian breakfast of juice, coffee, cereal, bread roll, cheese and jam. They might even include boiled eggs if you're lucky wink

Have to say, it seems most unusual to have no kitchen facilities in your accommodation. Surely that's a given for an apartment? Are you sure it is actually an apartment that you're staying in?

Every Austrian apartment I've booked (lots!) has had kitchen facilities, crockery etc - so it's been a doddle to just get breakfast supplies in from a supermarket and go for the DIY approach. Most convenient and all quite leisurely on a morning.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DaveL88, If you were at the Nasserein end of town there is a bakers in the car park which would be perfect (and fairly cheap). At Galzig on the roundabout there is Cafe Sailer, no idea about breakfast but assume it does serve such, I know it is popular for "Kaffee und Kuchen" later in the day. Dont think there is much else near Galzig, though as suggested one of the many hotels might be willing to serve you. The M Preis supermarket on the main road at St Jakob has a bakery which serves coffee snacks etc. Pretty sure the Spar in the centre of the village doesnt have similar but Billa on the main road might. There is the bar in the train station sure they will do coffee and a croissant as well as an early morning "livener".

The restaurant / bar at Gampen seems popular as a coffee stop first thing, I presume they would do breakfast stuff too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Anton, opposite the Galzigbahn base station has a breakfast bar. No idea how good as we always have breakfast in our apartment. That said, it looks pretty good on the website.

The other option is to delay breakfast until you get up to the Galzig restaurant. Maybe buy some rolls and juice from Spar, in the Dorfstraße, to tide you over?

@mountainaddict, I suspect the days of €10-15 breakfasts are long gone, given what we are playing for food in the mountain restaurants. Coffee is over €4. Soft drinks ditto.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DaveL88,

As Ulmerhutte says the restaurant at the top of the Galzigbahn opens when the lifts open.

Probably the same at the restaurant at the top of the Rendl lift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy