Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski tuning error

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I’ve serviced my skis and my sons a number of times, with no issues - and have been pleased with the performance.

But - have just skied a day on my QST 99s and they were almost unskiable on piste, and not great off it!

They felt grabby, and wouldn’t track straight with the ski pivoting and snatching from side to side - which felt like it was coming from both/either tip and tail.

All I can think is that I haven’t achieved an effective/sharp 88 degree edge angle under foot because I perhaps haven’t trimmed the sidewall back enough and therefore the tip/tail are catching.

And if that’s not the issue, what the heck else could I have done?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hanging burr?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ditto - hanging burr. Did you run a gummi stone along the base edge to remove the burr?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dashed wrote:
Ditto - hanging burr. Did you run a gummi stone along the base edge to remove the burr?

Yikes - thinking back I don’t think I did de-burr along the base edge, though I did run the gummy really gently along the edge at 45 degrees - probably not enough to remove a burr from the side edge, but perhaps enough to make it even worse!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been there, done that, now always have a gummi in my ski backpack 'just in case'.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a slim possibility that it is the snow! There is really weird hard pack today from just below Kaminstube in St Anton. The skis want grab and not release edges. I thought it was my edges and got them done. No change. Spoke to others in the Galzigbahn and they said the same thing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy