Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saturday Travel to Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are driving to Val d'Isere from Annecy (having stayed there on Friday night) on Saturday 2nd March. Any recommendations regarding what's the best plan to avoid traffic (apart from start at 2.00am Laughing )? When does the traffic get really heavy?

Similarly returning on Saturday 9th March to Reims. Is it best to go via Annecy or via the motorway and Chambery?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heading uphill the traffic will start to build after 11AM, its only one area thats on French school holidays and no other Europeans of note are on school hols so it wont be too bad. I would leave Annecy at 9, be in Albertville by 10 and up in Val by 11.30. It will be busy on the way down on 2 Mar, so your only issue will be if there is an accident blocking the road, especially if it's snowy. For your return trip, you might get caught up In Annecy traffic, so the motorway route is likely to be quicker. Leave Val by 8am.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy