Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello
Any thoughts, feedback on Sestriere..?
Some pretty negative reviews, but maybe some folk only post neg views…?
What’s the thoughts on the resort, lifts and town..?
We are all pretty experienced.
Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quiet town but a few apres spots. Nice slopes. High elevation so snow conditions are usually decent. Connected to the wider Via Lattea so you can get some nice tree lined skiing in San Sicario and Sauze D'Oulx (and beyond)

Here is a snow report from sauzeonline from Sestriere so you can see the slopes:
http://youtube.com/v/LYwgd9hGsnc&t=473s

and here is the sauzeonline snow report from sestriere from just last Friday:
http://youtube.com/v/SALgx0uns3o&t=696s

Lifts are decent imho. I have generally stayed in Sauze but skied in Sestriere. If there are a few of you a day trip to Montgenevre will be enjoyable - if can usually be done on skis - but to get full enjoyment the standard recommendation is get a mini bus/taxi there and back again.

Fear not you will have fun unless the snow gods are in a particularly bad mood.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seemed all right to us. The hill opposite had some pretty nice runs, although it wasn't a huge area, only problem was how crowded the main beginner pistes were. There is easy gondola access to the ridge behind the town to ski San Sicario just below (some lovely cruisy reds) or work your way along the ridge to the right to ski the Sauze area. Going over to Claviere/Montgenevre invoved a gondola download (at least when we were there, maybe it is skiable under some conditions), crossing a road and taking a long lift up the other side - if you can get a bus that will be quicker. Overall plenty to keep anyone happy for a week.

The resort town gets some criticism but it isn't worse than other purpose built ski resorts. Being Italian the restaurants reliably served decent food, even the simplest pizza/pasta ones.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ace many thanks for the replies, really appreciate it

Sweet…I’m going to book now

Thanks again Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in Sestriere Borgata 20 years ago. Had a lovely time.
Sestriere itself is not super big, but as it's connected to Sauze D'Oulx which gives you more options.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great many thanks
I booked today,
Looking forward to it
Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spice52 wrote:
Great many thanks
I booked today,
Looking forward to it

So what is your verdict on Sestriere?. I have booked a week in march 2025
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied there a couple of times but based out of Sauze. Slopes at Sestriere were good, varied and no complaints here. I’d consider staying there from what I’ve seen of it for sure.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
martebart wrote:
Spice52 wrote:
Great many thanks
I booked today,
Looking forward to it

So what is your verdict on Sestriere?. I have booked a week in march 2025

Good option in March I think. I've only spent a long weekend there but I liked the skiing. If you like off piste there is excellent tree skiing (nice open spacing). Food excellent. Village not the most beautiful but not awful. Try to make it to Ciao Paix in Sauze d'oulx for lunch at least once.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yha overall a great time, I would say the conditions was up there with the most challenging, very icy most runs, that led to rutted slopes, we had a big amount of snow mid week was was ace but that soon went, then became hard to ski smooth as one min it was a nice curve turn, next you slid out. Tbt me and my boys preferred sauze d oulx, which is very easy to get the lift up bottom of bursary slopes in Sestriere. Would I go again…? No I wouldn’t but it was a good holiday and sure yiu will have fun. Enjoy.. Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy