Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hard on equipment?: fair use vs. warrenty

Poster: A snowHead
turms2 wrote:
last januar i had an warranty problem with Salomon.
Not like yours but thats not my point. I returned a pair of boots, they accepted that this was a material problem, but they wanted to give me a coupon for 280. But i wanted another SNB Boots for 240, meaning that i was gonna lose the 40 Euro.
After a little bit disagreement and many emails , i wrote a really polite email, and mention that i am an instructor, and i want further buy from salomon and that i need new equipment almost every year bla bla bla...and after that they game me the money back.

As Ski3 said , Complain nicely....write something which is more to the direction "i need your help i do not know what to do etc"

i am all in favour of complain nicely, but that "I'm an instructor....." really winds me up.... what makes you any more important than any other customer, sure you might buy some more kit, but from past experience most instructors don't have any brand loyalty , they simply want the cheapest thing they can get their hands on or the biggest discount
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CEM wrote:

i am all in favour of complain nicely, but that "I'm an instructor....." really winds me up.... what makes you any more important than any other customer, sure you might buy some more kit, but from past experience most instructors don't have any brand loyalty , they simply want the cheapest thing they can get their hands on or the biggest discount

Do Salomon still do deals for instructors? When I was an instructor there used to be much anticipation of the intructors / guides price list coming out each autumn - the idea being that there was little brand loyalty but "cheap" got you onto their kit Very Happy 'tis a while ago mind you, as the last thing I bought through that route was a pair of Super Force 9 3S skis. Bloody loved them too!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dashed wrote:
CEM wrote:

Do Salomon still do deals for instructors? When I was an instructor there used to be much anticipation of the intructors / guides price list coming out each autumn - the idea being that there was little brand loyalty but "cheap" got you onto their kit Very Happy 'tis a while ago mind you, as the last thing I bought through that route was a pair of Super Force 9 3S skis. Bloody loved them too!!

still done but in a different way
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tristero, 4.1 mm is printed on the top sheet odd as I thought there's only wood in there too.

Gone for a "i bought a product from you and i was a little underwhelmed with it for reasons 1, 2, and 3, the shop has given me the run around, is there anything that you can do to help please" email to atomic. From the above comments it would seem that they are unlikely to be in a position to help but it hasn't cost me anything to ask.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pistehors, keep posting on progress….
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2, funny you should ask:
Shop just rang, I was told: The shop has had a meeting with their atomic sales contact who took a physical look at the skis. The sales contact maintains their conclusion from the emailed photo's that the skis had been shocked. However, they where exceptionally able to replace them, after the shop nudged them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pistehors, lol - they are covering their backsides I reckon - don't want to admit to a shoddily made product.

Glad you got there in the end and hope there are no problems with the replacement pair.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I sense feeling a preservation of pride there too, from the shop sales staff Very Happy such is the way of the world though.

A little gentle and polite pressure though pays dividend, with each part of the transaction exiting avec dignity intact.

Great result, hope you get more use out of the replacement pair without problems.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad this got resolved. This looks like someone screwed up the mount and didn't want to admit it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pistehors, excellent

Definition of a ‘diplomat’:

Someone who tells people to go to hell but makes them look forward to the journey

and in this case quite a lot of learning, Atomic come out well, shop probably becomes a bit more professional - good result
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Picking up the new pair this evening. I'm also hopeful no further problems.

My working definition of diplomat was taken from someone who picked me up hitch-hiking -- giving folk enough space to change their mind without loosing face (their citation was the bay of pigs incident)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
its always interesting, i find brands much more wiling to be compliant at this point of the season when i am about to place my £20-£30K order with them
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CEM, I didn't realise shops are already ordering next seasons ski's. Does that mean that ski manufacturers build to order? Have a proportion of next seasons skis have already been made?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Should be no problem under warranty. If you have already tried the manufacture then try the place you bought them from. That is what my brother did this year for some skis he bought last fall.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's no good, I am startled by the thread title every time I read it. Embarassed
ski holidays
pistehors wrote:
@CEM, I didn't realise shops are already ordering next seasons ski's. Does that mean that ski manufacturers build to order? Have a proportion of next seasons skis have already been made?

80% of my orders are in, i want early delivery so have to get in before the early deadlines, since covid there really isnt a lot of excess stock around, the start production based on forecasts and then tune it based on the orders they receive, but they are pretty good at getting it close.... sometimes orders are high and then product is late as they need more production time, occasionally they won't make a production number so something gets binned form the range
snow report
skimachine wrote:
Should be no problem under warranty. If you have already tried the manufacture then try the place you bought them from. That is what my brother did this year for some skis he bought last fall.

Suggest you read the whole thread. He's been through all that palaver
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
It's no good, I am startled by the thread title every time I read it. Embarassed

Time for another name change ?
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:

Hard on or 'warrenty' ?
latest report
@holidayloverxx, I couldn't possibly say
latest report
Hurtle wrote:

I'm just curious as to what 'hard on equipment' might be. A splint of some kind?
snow report
@JayRo, quite
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy