Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Photography options in Val Gardena - Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all!

I am a keep/pro photographer and I an going skiing next week staying at the Granvara Relais hotel in Val Gardena (st Christina).

I always take my camera with me....can anyone recommend the best places on the area for photo opportunities?

I will be skiing so has to be on the ski runs, or perhaps evening villages that make for great options.

I know the area will be super picturesque anywhere i go but i dont want to miss out on any areas that are real gems.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
point camera randomly, you will get a great view
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@peterhughes88, really what @hobbiteater said, there are 'real gems' on practically every turn and they are all differently gem-like at different times of day. Honestly, you'll be lucky to get down any run without feeling the need to stop.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The sunset at the top of the Dantecepies lift was pretty special - I have many pics of that from last year. Plus the route back towards Selva from where La Longia starts. I loved that view.

But everywhere in the Dolomites* was just stunning.

*we only scratched the surface - everywhere we saw in The Dolomites was stunning!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Top of Seceda

Quote:

point camera randomly, you will get a great view

This
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would agree that pretty much anywhere and everywhere is stunning photographically. I'm just a happy snapper, so here's a few from last year.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@peterhughes88, if you get as far as Cinque Torri then the rock tower formations there are very photogenic. Note that although it's called Cinque Torri one of the five rock towers that gave the place its Italian name collapsed many years ago, so it's more like Four and a Half Towers now! Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hidden Valley is the place to go. The skiing isn't great but the scenery is something else.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alastair Pink, My climbing guide book claims there are in fact 7 towers, though one as you say has fallen down.

The Seceda telephrique from St Ulrich give access to a iconic view point with the clasic ridge view of gentle pastures on the south side and a rock face (with a footpath) on the north. There are good views of the Odlegruppa mountains as well.

Travelling up the valley gives wonderful views of Langkofel and the Sella massive.

As others have pointed out the whole area is hugely photogenic.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@peterhughes88, I'm very familiar with trying to combine skiing and photography. Not always easy as when skiing you're out when the light isn't the best. But the Dolomites can make up for that with sheer grandeur, and then fog / clouds in the mountains can quickly create great light.

Here are a few:

This one is taken somewhere between Plan de Gralba and Passo Pordoi (almost certainly between Passo Sella and Passo Pordoi), looking towards Sassopiatto. Early morning drive from Santa Cristina, walked about 50m off the road, but other options are available.

From the top of the Sass Pordoi cable car. Only way down is by the same cable car or offpiste (preferably with a guide). I actually skied the couloir in the background, many years back.

Think this is taken at the bottom or top of the Cir lift - if you're in that area you'll see it

Early morning view from Passo Pordoi in a bad snow year. I want to go back and take it again.

I think this is a bit off the piste but not far - in any case, you should see others...

Cheating, as this is on a tour - but I just like it
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’d agree, pretty much everywhere, I was however particularly struck by the field of rocks between lifts 49 and 51 on the red Sella Circuit.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There will be stunning mountain vistas everywhere you go as exemplified above...lots of rustic wooden barns...

...but Colfosco church is one of my favourite chocolate box Dolomite views...

Ortisei of an evening is pretty...

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy