Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Waiting in Annecy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've got back to back ski trips in La Clusaz (friends), then Tignes (family).

My plan is to get a lift to Annecy and then wait for the rest of the family to arrive in the hire car.

Can anybody suggest a place I can wait in Annecy for an hour or two with a nice coffee and a croissant Toofy Grin

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ecsleath, it would be easiest to wait somewhere a little further up the lake for a quick pick up. Plenty of places
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx,
Quote:

Plenty of places
I think the OP may be looking for an actual cafe, outside which the hire car can draw up. Sorry I can't help, my knowledge of Annecy and its environs is way out-of-date. But I agree that it would be difficult to find somewhere suitable for a car to stop in Annecy Town itself.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ecsleath, not the most exciting place, but certainly one of the easiest, there is a MacDonalds just outside Annecy town centre on the road to Albertville, on the right hand side of the road.
plenty of parking for drop off/pick up
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, yes that's what I thought. There's the McDonalds, we passed several cafes as we drove through in December. I would suggest Google maps
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If it's a saturday you definitely don't want to be in central Annecy, although, having been there many times in all seasons, it's not bad coming from La Clusaz to stop right in front of the Hotel de Ville (you could be picked up near where the parking lot entrance is). There are a couple of cafes/bistros in the small streets across from it. Then, just continue along the west side of the lake on the D1508. Think that could work ok.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you travel south from Annecy centre along the lake shore (towards Albertville) to Sevrier (about a 10 minute drive) there is a very nice Chevallier Boulangerie there. The food is very good (sandwiches, pizza, coffee and amazing cakes), it's on the main road and it has a large car park outside.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 15-01-24 12:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bergmeister, ooh, good idea, I'd forgotten about that place. I had a loo stop there once, and I actually stayed in Sevrier one spring (trip to see spring flowers - it rained for a solid week.)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hurtle, that's one of the ones I was thinking of
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Annecy.

The place is freaking gorgeous.

Car park by Lac d`Cygny, into old town, walk along river, either side of building on island.

Take your pick.

Best day I`ve ever wasted; even if my kids were in that playground six weeks before the nutter.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jameswp wrote:
Annecy.

The place is freaking gorgeous.

Car park by Lac d`Cygny, into old town, walk along river, either side of building on island.

Take your pick.

Best day I`ve ever wasted; even if my kids were in that playground six weeks before the nutter.

Slightly off topic, but Annecy really, really needs to get a handle on tourism. It's very close to being spoiled by the masses, sort of like Venice (and yes, I know it is the "Venice of the Alps"). A decade ago you could pop into town on a Saturday in winter or summer and still be able to walk around more or less unencumbered. In the last few years it's out of hand, especially in the summer. I blame it on social media and the desire to tick a selfie of the Palais de l'ile or whatever it's called off the list.

Not sure what they could do as cars are already banned from a lot of the centre ville. Maybe put a black veil over the palais and charge the selfie types for a photo...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Pasigal, agreed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy