Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet friends on the slopes?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skiing with a group of friends this week with a wide ability range, we want to meet for lunches and the odd run together, anyone have experience for the best method for organising this?
A few ideas came up: WhatsApp live location / dedicated ski app / agree a location for lunch before each day starts...
Keen to hear everyones stories, did you all serendipitously arrive at the same lunch spot? Or collectively find 3 different restaurants called The Peak? Maybe stopped at 1pm in different time zones? Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agree the night before. Depends on size of resort but in some places the snakes and ladders layout has sometimes left us 20 min later than expected. By which time some are hangry, others into main course, and at busy times you have to fight off marauders stalking your friends chairs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends entirely on your agenda for the day. If you’re looking for a relaxed sort of day with a good lunch, then book a table at your restaurant of choice and agree to meet there the night before. You have a reservation, so it doesn’t matter if a few of your party are a bit late.

Alternatively, if you’re trying to max out your ski miles, just rely on luck. Anything else will have people hanging about waiting for others, which just leads to frustration. There’s always apres-ski to catch up at the end of the day. Personally, I would hate to be 'summoned' by an app if I had found a good run to enjoy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whatsapp live location burns a lot of battery, so not ideal to have on for hours when it's already cold...at least that's what I've found. I prefer a bit of flexibility so usually just have a general plan of a rough area to be in around a rough time, then can message each other when on lifts etc. to firm up the exact details. Then can drop a pin on whatsapp to properly work out where people are.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Meet at 12 and ski together to restaurant for 12:30 booking.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I regularly ski in groups that split up to ski/regroup for lunch and we just agree a general lunch time and location, either at breakfast or via WhatsApp text messages through the morning.

Closer to lunch people who aren't going to make it just message to say so, so the first to arrive knows how big a table to ask for, and the first to arrive also shares their location when they get there (and just a 'one off' location share) to help those less familiar with the resort. There's really no need to be constantly sharing your live location all day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just say, meet here at X O'clock for lunch and make a reservation. I hate pulling out my cellphone when I'm on a ski vacation. It drives my family crazy but I need to unplug. As for meeting up to ski, same thing. Meet me at the top of x lift at a certain time, +/- 5 minutes. My kids/wife are contstantly microtexting me their locations/current state of mind. Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Slopes app. You can see where everyone is skiing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 14-01-24 11:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve done quite a few large group trips and I don’t think we’ve all managed to meet up for a lunch stop ever! The group nearly always ends up splintered to smaller groups of threes and fours and those groups then stop when suits. Even when we’ve agreed places and times the night before the same thing happens. There’s nearly always someone or a few who find reading piste maps impossible and can’t navigate their way back in the timescale or underestimate how long it takes to get somewhere, by which time everyone else has nearly finished lunch.
And as others have mentioned sometimes folks just find that perfect run somewhere and want to keep skiing through lunch.
We always manage to have a good lunch and a laugh though whoever rocks up
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Book table for group at given location. Share location with Google Pin on WhatsApp. Most seem to make it Happy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Top tip. All head out together, do one run, then head back to town, get into a restaurant nice and early for lunch, then stay for four hours, before heading off for some Apres Ski.

At least, this is what a load us did in Arraba once upon a time…Hells Bells? Schuss in Boots? And several others.

No issues with differing abilities, no-one got lost, skiing back to the hotel was memorable… Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy