Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School ski trip cost

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@kat.ryb, Like all things its def about perceived value on ski trips; for example and as others will testify I have a strong (lol) opinion with regards driving / base line / self catering trips (not that I'm against them, its just that I know I wouldn't enjoy them with my family - based on what they / we want from a holiday)

I'm not anti school trips per se and do understand the ancillary / total costs involved and how they can increase dramatically the older they get (my 19yr old daughter has now decided to join me on my next previously solo trip in Feb - with all the other ski school/hire bolt-ons including a new furry hooded outfit and likely daily 'cash' requests my beer funds have taken a hiding) so anything circa £1k for a week is probably a steal!

Re school trips I'm sure my kids would have enjoyed the social aspect and my wallet the savings in reality; was just never confident enough to send them off at the time having experienced dramas of my own historically!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heh, great thread and amusing replies.

I'm originally American, and our "ski trip" was about $150 in the early 80s. We piled on a bus from central Pennsylvania at midnight, drove all night to Vermont, skied all day Saturday, partied at the cheap hotel at night (funny how everyone seems to have brought a plastic pint of gin...), skied all day Sunday and got back Sunday at midnight. The chaperones were all out drinking too...didn't miss a day of school, either, although the hangovers were epic, especially if you were just 15/16...and yeah, there were some twisted knees and even a broken leg or two. Risk assessment? What could go wrong with 50 drunken teenagers who can barely ski tackling the Front Four at Stowe in a blizzard?

Good times...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You don't have to postulate a super-budget trip to take a family of 4 for less than £8000 for a week!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy