Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lift for Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new six-seater chair lift is being built at Les Arc. Called the Arcabulle, it will run alongside the existing Plagnette lift in Arc 2000.
Artificial snowmaking is also being increased with 80 new snow canons.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
could not open the link, but sounds good news.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some more info, and photographs of the work in progress at this forum (in French, but Google Language makes a resonable stab at translating). There are quite a few changes taking place above Arc 2000 - the exisiting Plagnettes chairlift is being shortened so that it serves only the steeper terrain, with the new Arcabulle chair running from just above Arc 2000 to the restaurant at Col de La Chal. The draglift serving the red bumps run as been removed. Finally, the new snow cannons will need a water supply, so the resort is building a large lake above Arc 2000.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, what I reaaaaaally reaaaaaally want to know is when they are replacing the Plan Bois and Arpette chairlifts as they are 2 of the main chairlift links from Peisey-Vallandry to Arcs18/1600 and from Arcs 18/1600 to Arcs2000. And they run like dogs at the moment.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flying_squirrel, the Plan Bois will be replaced next summer. The STAG company in Peisey has confirmed they will replace it with a new 6-pack chair Smile Changes to the Arpette are in the works, but I'm not sure of the timetable. I think it is due to be replaced with two chairlifts, one of which will go up to the ridge to connect with 2000, and one which finishes lower down, serving the easier terrain above 1600. Also in the work s is a new 2-stage gondola from 1800 serving the nursery slopes (replacing the rickety old Chantel chair), with a mid-station near my apartment which will allow easy pedestrian access to village in the evening Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, excellent. I suppose the flip-side of that is that the off-piste shoulder and trees alongside and under Plan Bois will get tracked out quicker, but I don't mind too much if I'm one of the ones doing the tracking!!
Next summer they are also supposed to be building a new chair in Plan Peisey to go up to somewhere near the top of the Grizzly - club med has maxed out the Grizzly and Peisey lifts, meaning they need a new lift on the other side of Plan Peisey to serve us plebs! Good news for me and my bar though Very Happy !!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Souds great, at the moment the run home to Peisey from 2000 is a long uninterrupted traverse which is a faff at the end of the day, so this new uplift should add some downhill fun to the home run. Also glad to hear about Plan Bois and Arpette. flying_squirrel, do you think that might replace the very right hand drag lift - might they put a smidgen of piste to your bar? It might spoil the tree skiing though
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin Nicholas, do you mean the Combes drag lift?

I've not heard of any plans to replace it - I think the new chairlift will be built somewhere between the car park next to the Flying Squirrel and Shiva Bar just up the hill, which would probably serve as a pretty good way of getting up to the top of the drag lift anyway. That area below Les Ecureuils black run as been marked out for quite a big apartment development over the next 2 years (something like 500-beds I believe), so the chairlift will be a key part of making more use of that corner of the ski area. This is due to be "signed off" this summer, so probably not in place before winter 2008.

You're right about it making the tree skiing above the old Plan Peisey farm buildings more accessible to everyone, but that is a price to be paid as always I guess.

Personally I think it is a good thing for the resort - as it adds a balance to the layout of Plan Peisey and gives more of a central base to the car park/supermarket/ski shops/Flying Squirrel(!) area. All tourist areas need a few obvious centres, and at the moment PP is a bit too spread out in my opinion.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On my way home from Les Arcs today - Really missed the Plagnettes chair lift this past few weeks as it is pretty important if you don't want to cycle uphill - Hope it is all worth it -0 works not exactly helping the scenery in 2000
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy