Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet stickers , or something else?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just wondering.. I might be being a paranoid mother here. I was considering an air tag. Laughing DS is 5 and will be in esf all week when we go to l2A very shortly.

Last year DD got lost on the hill during an esf lesson. She was fine and sensible enough to ask for help from someone but it spooked me enough to wonder if there’s anything I can do to minimise risks / make myself feel better about the boyo.

Is there a sticker or bib I can buy to put emergency contact details on in case he gets lost? This little cherub is full of it and turns temporarily deaf on occasion when he wants to go and do his own thing. Skullie I will of course be having a chat with him before we go Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve seen quite a few wee tots with a sticker on the back of their helmets that contains both mother’s and father’s mobile numbers written on it.

Mama: 0123456789
Papa: 9876543210
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When my son was in ski school the ski school bibs had a see-through plastic pocket and I put my name and phone number on a piece of paper in that. Saw others had done the same!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@v1cky24, Icepass helmet sticker icepass.co.uk
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
White duct tape and a permanent pen. But we usually put a contacts card together with the ski pass, mum dad and accommodation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@v1cky24, i compile, print out then laminate little "business card" size cards, containing their name and D.O.B, contact no, apartment details and even travel insurance reference. this way you can make one sheet per traveller (including yourself), which allows for several of these card to be placed in ski trousers, ski school bibs (if available) and jackets etc, and even placed in luggage in case you are flying and bags gets lost.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I cannot remember an instance where there has been a tragedy involving a lost toddler who was out skiing.

I'd really not bother
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Avabrunch, icepass looks interesting. I have a similar thing integrated in my mountain bike helmet. I always wonder what responders/ medics/ ski patrol actually know these things exist and would find it/ scan it?

Currently with our 6 and 8 year old we just make sure they know what to do if seperated from the ski school.

Normally along lines of wait around for few mins, ski a bit further down slope and then all else fails find the nearest lift and talk to lifites? Dont know if thats best advice thou!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@v1cky24, iPhone in pocket and tracker app?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I cannot remember an instance where there has been a tragedy involving a lost toddler who was out skiing.

I'd really not bother

For the cost of 3 inches of sticky tape? Wheres the harm?

I labels my daughters helmet, but also her gloves and boots, serving the double purpose that if she randomly leaves them somewhere they may possibly find their way back. I don't want to lose her, but I'd also rather not lose her kit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Tazz2bme, no harm,.just saying there is no tangible risk.

When in a big group we would do the same, gaffer tape, and permanent marker to identify 12 sets of very similar skis, boots n poles.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. I know it’s not likely, it’s probably more for my peace of mind tbh. I think if it hadn’t happened to my eldest last year I probably wouldn’t have given it a second though. Ski schools in Italy, or the one in La thuile anyway make the kiddos wear a bib with a telephone number on it which I thought was a good idea. I don’t recall esf doing that.

The boyo is a bit maverick as well which plays on my mind Laughing

Thanks for all the suggestions.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@v1cky24, …2010…

The ski school director is on the phone talking intensely. He’s a close friend. I am waiting for Grom2 who is 5 and has been in ski class all morning. He’s late. The director comes over looking serious…‘I’m sorry Tim but Alex has gone missing’. Gulp. ‘He dropped off the end of the class and skied into the wood…I’ve got instructors looking now…’

Panic…worry…fret…think think ..why. What did the Grom think he was doing.

Get into his mind….YES!!! Hang on Yves…I run down the 50m to the bar at the lift station. And there he is propping up the bar deep in conversation with two instructors, already set up with a hot milk by the bartender. ‘Ah hello Alex why are you here’ ‘I just thought I’d come straight here so I decided to go off piste through the forest, I didn’t think the others wanted to ski off piste’.

Deep relief and a quick call to Yves to call off the search. Stern talk about keeping with the group.

What measures did we always take when our two were small? They always had orange jackets. They always had a waterproof card with all our details on, and the contacts in the guides’ office, and always had 20chf in a pocket, and an instruction ‘if lost, find a mother…’ and don’t ski solo through challenging off piste….
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry shouldn’t laugh, dropped off the end of the snake to ski in the woods.. this is the sort of thing I fear Laughing

He’s either at the front racing the teacher or doing something like this. I did something in a previous life to deserve this one haha. Good suggestions thanks!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lots of QR code generators online that you can put details in like a message, contact name, even accommodation address & generate a QR code.
Scan code using phone & details are accessible with a phone in a web browser - if you want a bit of privacy. Can even include whatsapp link to message you! Obviously you can then share you location via whatsapp to help with return of lost property.
Could print the QR code on multiple sticker & stick to helmet, boots, skis, etc.

Air tag would still need to come in contact with an apple phone with active data to share the location.
If boyo already has an iphone, then no need for airtag, as setting up phone for a kid will allow parent to track phone anyway.

PS this is not mumsnet - DD probably means boot width here than darling daughter snowHead
latest report
dode wrote:
I’ve seen quite a few wee tots with a sticker on the back of their helmets that contains both mother’s and father’s mobile numbers written on it.

Mama: 0123456789
Papa: 9876543210

Until class clown puts a sitcker above ‘for a good time call’
snow conditions
@Gored, agreed …

We thought ‘in a pocket = good idea’
‘On a helmet and visible = bad idea’
ski holidays
Is this on a parr with family groups wearing high viz vests?
snow conditions
Put a ring door bell in her pocket Very Happy
snow report
@Gored, 5 year olds must grow up fast in your area.
snow conditions
When my kids were that age they both permanently wore a roadID bracelet. It listed both mine and my husband’s phone numbers. I gifted one to each of my friends kids and they did actually use one out skiing once, kid took the wrong turn on a slope and ended all the way down the mountain, showed the guy at the lift his bracelet and he was reunited with his parents quickly. They’re great for days out etc.
snow report
I'm astonished, reading this, that having given birth to three kids I still have the same number. Child 2 did once spend a night hosted by an Air NZ hostess in Los Angeles but that's another story and nowt to do with skiing.

An Austrian ski school did one kidnap the same boy. But I liberated him, thanks to my O level German. Same boy did once come home with hole burnt through denim jeans and burn on knee which turned out to be the result of sleeping all night curled up next to radiator in station on Czech Republic after last train had gone. He was probably in greater danger on cheap busses in Africa. But there's a limit on what a Mum can do.....
ski holidays
@pam w, Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy