Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes & Alpe D’Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sooooooo…

Looking forward to next trip in a few weeks. With kiddos - which might be relevant Eh oh!

I understand a 6 day lift pass at L2A gets me a day skiing at ADH? Is this true? And if so - how do I get to AdH and back from L2A?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There’s a bus but there’s also a really cool helicopter trip which was 80 euro return when we were there last year. You book tickets for the helicopter at the lift ticket office and it runs three days a week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have a car available, you could (I would) drive. Not as flashy, but neither as polluting and much cheaper. From 2Alpes I'd probably go up to Auris which shouldn't be more than a 30min drive (650m down, than 600m up right on the other side).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m considering Deux Alpes for a late season weekend. Flights are booked for 18 to 22 April in to Geneva but not picked a resort yet. Last year we did Val D’Isere which was honestly superb and we got a bargain hotel deal too.

I know the right answer is wait and book nearer the time but is Deux Alpes worth even considering? I’m guessing the snow should be fine up towards the glacier but the runs back to resort level could be a bit patchy (it’s at about 1600m I think). Guessing you can download too but if home runs are closed then is there enough to keep us interested for three and a bit days? The hotels seem to be coming in a whole lot cheaper than Val D’Isere or Val Thorens (no great surprise I guess).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bigtuboflard,
I guess it depends on how much you feel you need for 3 and a bit days. It's certainly a bit smaller than the other resorts you mention but most of it's skiing is at altitude and I'd be happy going there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bigtuboflard, it's a decent size ski area with high altitude skiing, hence a closing date of 28th April so yeah definitely an option.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @T Bar, @Layne, I don’t mind covering the same ground each day with a bit of variation. I’ve done entire weeks at smaller resorts (Grand Bornand for example) so think it’s a strong contender. Shame the new Jandri isn’t open yet as that would have made it even better for getting up high quick, will just have to do that from chairlifts instead.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, finished three days of snowboarding and skiing in LDA and it’s been great. I’d have liked the home runs to have been open but downloading has been fine. Everything from Toura and above has been in excellent condition and had some powder turns up on the glacier and on Signal yesterday. Slightly busier than I was expecting but most of that was around the park at Toura as there was a camp of some kind over the weekend.

With the new lift going in for next season it’ll make getting up to the glacier twice as fast as it is now.

I’d seriously consider another late season trip here as there’s been more than enough to keep us occupied.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy