Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alias 80 Noir Rossignol Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys

Yep another will these ski boots fit meetc etc etc

Ive tried these boots on today and found them the most comfy out of all of them, seem to have good flex of 80, im not really that good ie parrallel turns reds and blues etc but not that confident.

Is the flex to little for an intermediare?

They are the cheapest but found them the best hugging comfy boot i tried.

I have had some head boots but never found them comfy at all.

Any opinion would be gratefully accepted
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Timmy, welcome to Snowheads!

You're going to get a lot of replies telling you to go to a bootfitter and that's good advice.

The first pair of ski boots we buy without proper advice nearly always turn out to be too large. The foam in ski boots will adjust to the shape of your feet over time so what feels snug in the shop will feel loose after a few weeks of use. Plus, we're all used to buying shoes with plenty of toe room and that's also often a problem if we don't have a bit of experience of how to check what size is the best and what a ski boot should feel like when we first try it on.

That boot is a wide fitting and unless you have wide feet it's probably not going to be the best boot for you.

So get some advice from a boot fitter and save yourself from having to buy another pair in a year or two.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the help!!!

yes I reckon im going to have to fork out a bit more money.

Thanks again
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're looking to buy your first pair of boots and are doing it on a budget then you can get a long way towards a halfway decent fit by following the advice on this page: https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/alpine/alpine-advice/how-choose-ski-boots

It's not nearly detailed enough for anyone looking for a performance fit, for anyone with feet that don't fit the usual pattern, for anyone with ankle flexibility problems, etc. and it doesn't cover the question of custom insoles which help with foot alignment and stability. But as a starting point you'll probably end up with a better fitting pair of ski boots following this than you would at a hire shop and it's definitely much better than just using some shoe size conversion chart.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy