Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry Slope required to rent

Poster: A snowHead
Dear snowsports enthusiasts in the UK and dear friends from the Snowheads forum club,

I am currently searching for a dry ski slope available for rental in the UK, and I couldn't think of a better way to find leads than reaching out to you. If any fellow snow enthusiasts have information about such slopes for rent, kindly share the property owner's contact details, and I would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, please encourage the property owner to contact me directly. My email address:

jfkgwjfkgw@gmail.com.

Once again, thank you for your assistance!

Best wishes,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JFdryski, what are you looking to do? Gloucester where I used to work you were able to hire for private events
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@swskier, I want to try it with my dry ski material, which is more child and newbie-friendly, rather than a temporary rental.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@swskier, Thanks!

http://youtube.com/v/kbFRWJzEpyg&t=48s
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JFdryski wrote:
@swskier, I want to try it with my dry ski material, which is more child and newbie-friendly, rather than a temporary rental.

Would looking at one of the many not in service be better then?

Bracknell maybe? Sure I saw something which indicated this may have a chance of being brought back into service
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is still available in Wrexham I believe.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60789

Physically the slope is still there as I cycled down it not long ago Laughing The route for a bobsleigh track (I think) was also carved out and is still distinct enough to cycle up. Nice views from the top.

Think it still belongs to John Nike Leisure (?).

Wrexham is an investment zone so maybe you would get some good tax breaks / grants, who knows.

There is a website somewhere with pictures of it all and a potted history.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skitow, I also found quite a few, but I don’t know how to contact the owner. I’m in Vancouver.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skitow, Thanks! I will follow your ideas, it will take some time. English communication is a big problem. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JFdryski, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
I hope that you get the information and help that you need.

In the meantime - could you please stop putting the same post on other threads (unless it is a valid response to a recent topic of course)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ray Zorro, Laughing Okay, not too familiar, still getting used to it, that’s it, shake hands!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Beckton Alp? I believe designations have made it hard to develop in terms of permanent buildings, but I reckon the return of an artificial slope would be welcomed by Newham (any investment would be).

Let me know if you need an architect... wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Thomasski, er, isnt it a toxic slag heap and a dangerous structure?

https://londonist.com/london/history/when-londoners-went-skiing-on-a-toxic-spill-heap
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ster wrote:
@Thomasski, er, isnt it a toxic slag heap and a dangerous structure?

https://londonist.com/london/history/when-londoners-went-skiing-on-a-toxic-spill-heap

Toxic: yes, dangerous structure: not sure... I would have thought a repair of the cap and some gas membranes would possibly mitigate any issues - worth an investigation at least as it could be a cheap high-profile location! Unless the council just want to pretend it's beyond use to avoid dealing with it, which is likely.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you to all my friends here who support this topic. I am serious. This is my plan for the past two years. I believe it will work!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Beckton Alp, where I've been, east London, a hillside formed by slag heaps, someone told me there was a possibility of radioactive damage, maybe a legend. The slope is still there; it's one of my options.
ski holidays
@Thomasski, You live there; who should I contact to discuss renting this place?Toofy Grin
ski holidays
JFdryski wrote:
@Thomasski, You live there; who should I contact to discuss renting this place?Toofy Grin

Ah you would need to check who owns it using the land registry service, I imagine leasing it wouldn't be much of an issue. The main obstacles will be planning permission, environmental remediation, air-quality testing, security, and insurance.
snow report
Polmont Dry slope just off the M9 outside Falkirk is under threat of closure and Falkirk council are looking to offload it.
snow report
@Thomasski, Yes, it costs time and energy... Sad
ski holidays
@haggishunter, This is information that deserves further inquiry. I'll see if I can send an email to the local government to ask. Thanks!
latest report
https://dryslopenews.com/2021/07/01/jf-dryski/
latest report
Is this about the new "Enoki Mushroom" surface I've been hearing about? It looks interesting, and an improvement to previous technologies would be very welcome. Sadly we're losing outdoor ski slopes in recent years (near me, Bracknell High Wycombe and Hillingdon have gone now), which is a shame as for a generation of us, it was the first place and opportunity we had to learn to ski, and despite issues, was a great experience.
snow conditions
Southampton alpine is about to be renovated and a new beginner slope created. Perhaps the local council or it's operator would be interested for the new slope?
latest report
@Whitegold, Yes, this is my experimental base, where I have accumulated more than ten years of experience.
snow report
@tarrantd, I also learned to ski on a dry slope in south London (in 1991), but I can no longer find it!
snow report
@tarrantd, Thanks! I will contact the slope owner ASAP!
ski holidays
@Randyp909, Dry slope, especially Enoki mushroom slope, has more advantages than Snow domes, complementing each other and not being replaced!
snow report
@JFdryski, There is a full list of all the dry ski slopes in the UK here - https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/uk-dry-ski-slopes/
You should be able to contact them via the links
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@@d, I'm trying to find a way to communicate with them that would otherwise be mistaken for an advertising campaign directly classified as spam.
snow conditions
@JFdryski, why do you need a dry slope? Surely any piece of ground with a gradient would be ok?
ski holidays
@JFdryski, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck with your quest. It would be amazing if a more user-friendly, perhaps more urban and freestyle, facility became available.
snow report
@telford_mike, I can save a lot of approval procedures. This is the same all over the world. Not every hillside or green space can be converted to commercial use without government approval. Time is also a cost.
@Ozboy, Thanks! Work together. I've already taken action. Ing.
snow conditions
@JFdryski, Id start with a slope that isn't use for outdoor racing or has multiple slopes. Mendip isn't used for racing, Gloucester has a second freestyle slope they might consider allowing you to lay a strip on.
latest report
@JFdryski, Something else to consider, John Nike leisure who owns many of the successful dry slopes in UK also owns Skitech the company that produces the matting for all of the UK racing slopes. You aren't going to get far with getting your stuff onto UK slopes without overcoming that issue.
ski holidays
Might be worth contacting Sheffield City council to discuss the development that is planned for the old Sheffield dry slope site... looks like it's got government funding behind it so maybe they'd welcome your proposal.

https://www.inthesnow.com/sheffield-ski-village/

I really miss that place, spent many happy days practising on there.
ski holidays
JFdryski wrote:
@tarrantd, I also learned to ski on a dry slope in south London (in 1991), but I can no longer find it!

This would probably have been Bromley dry ski slope, which is actually based next to the A20 at Sidcup.
A lot of local schools used it, but about 5 yrs ago it suddenly closed and the surface was quickly stripped away.
ski holidays
@Glosterwolf, Thanks! I am also thinking about this issue, but the real-time situation is that the number of dry ski resorts in the UK is decreasing yearly (according to the British government’s assessment report). I have not thought about competing with them. I already have many customers in markets outside the UK. British athletes abroad accidentally stepped on my enoki mushrooms. My dry ski life in the UK makes me unable to shake off the memory of it, a feeling of returning to my hometown.
snow report
@DeuxBieres, I'm paying attention too. The SSV story is still growing, and I reckon they will need a more comprehensive investment to compensate for their past losses. I am an individual, too small. Ha ha!
snow conditions
@closey1973, Coincidentally! I just found out its owner, Title number SGL372641, and will contact the owner as soon as possible; thank you! Shake hands!
snow report
@JFdryski, Well my opinion is that they will either all adopt it or they won't and that depends heavily on it being accepted by the outdoor racing community. You may have some success without achieving that on slopes that aren't used on the racing calendar or on freestyle areas, but not the main slopes being used for slalom club nationals and national championships. Do you have any videos of how slalom gates are set on it and also skiers carving to at least the same level that can be done on dendix?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy