Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia in Feb Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow snow heads,

I am planning a trip with my daughters (13, 15) first time skiing at Feb half term (have enough time on indoor slopes UK to get going). I have booked flights to Milan Malpenso, and have booked accommodation in Cervinia for the week but getting nervous about potential exposure at high altitude for their first trip - I booked it last year to be snow sure but now hearing reports of cold/wind. I can cancel and rebook the accomodation in the next day or two, would people recommend elsewhere in the area for beginners (i.e. a few hours drive from Milan)? I think we want easy cruisy slopes, nice scenery, bit of adventure but don't need off piste or anything too rad. Just worried that Cervinia may be too much cold and wind for us. Any recommendations where else to look, or advice that I'm possibly overthinking it!

Thanks all for any advice to this end or tips for planning a successful ski trip Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads, @WildManOfTheValley, snowHead . I'm not clear from your post whether this will be the first time skiing for all of you. If that's the case, I'd strongly recommend signing up to ski lessons for the whole week. Instructors will know how to find the best places for you to ski. You don't have to go right up the top! I don't know Cervinia but somebody who does will answer your more specific questions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cervinia is a cracking resort for mid-feb.

Reports of extreme wind and weather are exaggerated, I've been a dozen times and have only had the odd day curtailed by the weather - that happens in any resort

I can't comment on the drive from Milan as I always go to Turin but the last few miles up to resort are hairpin bends and snow chains are enforced by the police if it's snowing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No-one can predict the weather 6 weeks in advance, but I've not experienced the cold or wind in Cervinia and I've visited in early Jan and Feb HT. Normally very sunny and pleasant in the bowl.

It is a great place for beginners with a sheltered beginners nursery slope with magic carpet lift separated from the main ski area at the far left of the village looking up. A nice gentle blue above that off the Campetto chair with the Baita Cretaz terrace offereing a pit stop and loads of longer blues higher up off the Cretaz chair and over at Plan Maison with the excellent Chalet Etoile restaurant terrace for long lazy lunches. If good progress is made, you might be able to ski a lot of the runs and even get over the top into Switzerland, the reds are very wide and cruisey.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/56eZwcM3aJLvEavp6

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hUqeWozbSeu7Vpaa8

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kpP54z6bJcyesiT97
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’d reassure you; Cervinia isn’t any colder than most of the rest of the Aosta Valley and, since you can also ski Valtournenche (which is lower) there’s plenty of options if the wind picks up higher in the resort. I would say it’s a great first time resort in that there are a lot of easy Blues and Reds and they are wide. If you want it there is also some great off-piste too … but less so than on the Zermatt side.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the helpful comments, I am going to stick with Cervinia, feel much more comfortable with my decision now Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy