Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara/Alta Badia prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, well we got back from Montgenevre yesterday so now the countdown is on for our Corvara trip in just under three weeks time Very Happy. We were wondering what sort of costs to expect when we’re there? We are half board in a hotel so that’s breakfast and dinner taken care of so querying the cost of lunch on the mountain, beers etc.

Also, any mountain restaurants in the area which aren’t to be missed? Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jimmis's above Colfosco - the food is superb, book a table and don't expect to ski afterwards (they'll alert you when the final gondala down is due )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scamper, snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Alta Badia its easier to tell you which mountain restaurants to avoid …

Only one from me - Ciampai hutte.

Big outdoor BBQ which smells amazing when you ski past… but we found it expensive and not great.

Everywhere else we tried - really good and not expensive.
Most do a great gulaschsuppe for 6 or 7 euros . Pizzas, pastas and risottos for 8-12 euros.

Nearly all are table service.

A few places have a tie up with an off mountain gourmet / michelin restaurant and together created a special dish for not a lot of money …

https://www.altabadia.org/en/italian-alps-dolomites/food-and-drink/taste-for-skiing.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First stop for us always on day 1. Utia La Para On the terrace of its sunny or inside if we need cosy.
Too many favourites to mention. All reasonable prices
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@surferrosa, The self-service place at the top of the Boe bubble from Corvara is great

Costs are slightly higher than a place like Montgenevre but quality and demographic are much higher
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@surferrosa, if you go on Google maps and click on various restaurants, you will find that some very helpful visitors have taken photos of the food and sometimes of the menu and uploaded them. As long as they are fairly recent, they should give you a good idea of pricing.

There are some lovely pics of the food & drink at Utia La Para:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/sApsThEkApu6nPc18

And someone helpfully posted a pic of the menu in Feb 2023 for Rifugio Malga Saraghes:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Zu1JCrfNi8SFgR3g6

Hope that helps!! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@surferrosa, as with everywhere, prices are increasing. Pints were €4-5 in 2014, €6-8 is now the norm. I think the value is in the quality you get. You can eat very well at a decent price.

Given you're half board and don't have to worry about the expense of dinner, you should go full tonto at lunchtime! snowHead

Some great suggestions in here already. @sheffskibod, seems to have summed it up well, there are very few bad options.

My picks for a good lunch:
- Utia Trieste. Their pasta is very good but the stellar dishes are the lamb chops, the Nebraska steak and the Tomahawk of veal. There's a fancy wine bar hut there too with very good food.
- Crep de Munt is excellent, worth booking. Again Tomahawk of veal features.
- For the full obnox experience, on a sunny day the terrace at Rifuigo Col Alt is hard to beat with oysters etc.

@sheffskibod, I snipped these off the website for ease of reference on the mountain. Some good looking stuff this year.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all, some great suggestions here! Happy to hear that most places to eat on the mountain are reasonably priced as I sold this holiday to my husband as being "cheaper than France". And then I saw the lift pass prices!! Shocked I'm sure it's worth it though, and so excited to go back to the Dolomites as that's where I learned to ski with school, back in the 80s!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

My picks for a good lunch:
- Utia Trieste. Their pasta is very good but the stellar dishes are the lamb chops, the Nebraska steak and the Tomahawk of veal. There's a fancy wine bar hut there too with very good food.

Good pick. the Utia Punta Trieste is our go to place for ribs too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
surferrosa wrote:
g "cheaper than France". And then I saw the lift pass prices!! Shocked I!

If you look at the lift price as pence per Km it's seems better. Only snag you will not reach most of it in a week. Shocked Fun trying though.
Personally prefer Italy and Austria to France but that may just be down to where we first learned?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've skied France, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Andorra & other parts of Italy and they all have their merits, but I seem to keep gravitating back to the Dolomites for the combination of the spectacular scenery, great food, quality/price compromise and the dolce vita ambience! snowHead

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 8-01-24 13:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
surferrosa wrote:
Thank you all, some great suggestions here! Happy to hear that most places to eat on the mountain are reasonably priced as I sold this holiday to my husband as being "cheaper than France". And then I saw the lift pass prices!! Shocked I'm sure it's worth it though, and so excited to go back to the Dolomites as that's where I learned to ski with school, back in the 80s!

If you buy the passes online you get 5% discount.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rifugio Edelweiss is a firm favourite of ours - their outdoor terrace is a real sun trap and Utia Bioch is another (very good bombardinos)

You’ll need to order your ski passes 48 hours prior to your first ski day at the latest to get the online discount.
Having skied in Canada, America and France (I learnt in France) we firmly prefer Italy. Need to try Austria at some point…..

Can’t wait to return in 4 weeks
Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy