Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March skiing - beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@LogiC, I have been to Chalet des Dolines and Le Napoleon as well as le hameau des airelles. In my opinion Le Napoleon is best as it is newer, has a nice pool/jacuzzi and most importantly is just over the road from the north facing slopes and ski school meeting point. The other two residences are in an area 10 mins walk from the centre of town called Hameau d'obelisque which is very nice and has a decent food shop called Cocci market. Chalet des dolines is ski to and from the door and in peak weeks there is another ski school meeting point nearby. However to ski back to it you have to ski down the south facing slopes which can be slushy late season (might not be too bad mid March). Alternatively you can finish on the north side and take the ski bus back. Hameau des airelles is opposite chalet des dolines and has an outdoor pool but access to the jacuzzis etc is more restricted and it is a slightly more basic residence but still really nice. If your budget will stretch to it I'd go with Le Napoleon but any of these places are good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LogiC, great choice! I would also suggest the Napoleon. Not stayed there myself but you can’t beat the location, especially with kids going to ski school.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

especially with kids going to ski school

this is a critical point. Having to trail even what seems, in nice comfy walking boots, a small distance to take apprehensive kids to ski school, or pick up exhausted ones, is a mission. Location wins every time for me, over the latest interior decoration themes in the bathroom.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montgenèvre would be a good shout for you. We were there in 2023 and heading back this year on March 9th.
If you're interested in self catering check out Go-Montgenevre. Plenty of nice apartments in convenient locations.

I'd recommend Apeak ski school.

You can hire lockers from the main Montgenèvre website that are located at the ski school meeting point. Saves walking in ski boots and carrying skis.

If you can fly to Turin its a 1 hour 15 minute transfer all going to plan.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy