Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach....quick one.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Solden next week and Ischgl in March....looking at throwing in a 4 dayer mid-Feb.

I was in Saalbach for a day a few years ago (ski bus up from Zell Am See) and I can't really remember it but it's been suggested as a location for the Feb trip.

A fews Q's for you good folk.

1) How's the skiing for advanced piste cruisers??
2) Nice resort?
3) How's the Apres??
4) Restaurant suggestions??

Any help is most welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All of the answers you seek are here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165321#5223893

Tatmantours on that thread is super helpful and has I think a guide that he can send as well - either way, you'll get help on that thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dazman, it'll suit all your needs
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not totally impartial, we are off to Saalbach in 3 weeks. Very Happy Very Happy so must like it!

1. For piste skiing it is hard to beat. Try to do the skicircus challenge or whatever they are calling it this year, many many miles. There is some variety, N facing side (Schattberg) is generally steeper including a thigh burner top to bottom into Sallbach, also shaded so good for soft warm days. The other side has two sectors, towards Hinterglemm and (our favourite) towards Leogang, several mellow tree lined runs near Saalbach then a nice high bowl with some varied and steeper sections. Leogang is also really nice for top to bottom cruise. There are plenty of valley runs so no real end of day carnage crowds. You can also go to the far end of Hinterglemm or over to Fieberbrun which has more offpiste. The whole lot is linked so no buses required except for a few valley runs which miss the lift stations.

2. We think its nice, some accomodation (including most cheaper options) are spread out along the valley so can be a bit isolated. Most of the bars/restaurants are in the center of Saalbach or Hinterglemm, if you are close to the village center it is nice, pretty village, quite busy but not mad (Mid Jan, don't know about peak weeks). Lifts etc are very impressive, very little queuing and all modern fast.

3. Austrian! nuff said. There are late night options (not my thing so don't know much) but the focus is end of day/bottom of run happy hours. Soul house do live rock if you fed up with Apres "classics"

4. Famous chicken restaurant at the top of Leogang. The others up there are also fun, one is a brewery with their own beer. If run 168 is open the Hecherhutte is recommended. Another personal favourite is Thurneralm, it is just across from the much busier Bergeralm and is a very old traditional hut, lovely inside by the fire on cold days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks folks....super helpful as per.

We're in !!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also, don't miss https://www.goasstall.com/ in Hinterglemm which is a lot of fun from 3pm. Can either get the lift back up and ski across to Saalbach or bus along the valley depending how many schnapps you've had Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy