Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anticipation is killing me...

Poster: A snowHead
OK. So I've serviced all the skis, greased bindings, fixed my ski poles, adjusted MNC for my new Cochise boots, got all the bags out, got all the clothing ready, checked the beacons and avi gear, checked the radios, put a new memory card in the Camera,

Got a 6:30 flight Saturday to Innsbruck, booked a taxis to Galtur, advised the hotel that we'll arrive before lunch.
Checking the webcams for the whole valley hourly, feeling annoyed that people are already skiing and I'm not.

Now I'm just winding myself up co's I'm not in the resort already, the next 3 days is going to seem so long.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing

I recognise and sympathise. Especially about the people on the webcams.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the plus side most of the people on the web cams will be long gone when you get there.
Fresh snow and no Russians
Would you really want to ski Christmas/ New Year if you had the choice Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I watched TV for an hour last night in my Ski boots and I don't fly for another week...... Very Happy

In my defence I wanted to check they still fitted Ok with my slightly Arthritic big toe joint, which may have got bigger since last year. It seems OK, no emergency dash to the boot fitter needed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sunday for me, and I get you on checking the snow cams, I am always at it when I should be working. On the Russians, are they still able to visit ski resorts?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got to say, I’ve not seen any Russians this last week, lots of Dutch and Germans.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I installed the 3Sat app on TV in the bedroom....I put Alpenpanorama on first thing in the morning when we're getting ready for work, just to make the room feel like we're on holidays and about to head to the Fruhstuckraum.

2 weeks and counting for me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm suffering from anticipation too, or is that consti....never mind.

10 days to to the Dollies for me and constantly checking cams, reviewing kit list, double check flight details etc.

Nice to be looking forward to something though as this time of the year is hard going.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The weather on Saturday looks interesting but hopefully the Austrians will have seen the forecast too! Have a great time Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I go for a month on Saturday; I'll pack on Friday night. looked at the webcams a couple of times but that's all. Someone asked me what the weather forecast/temperature is - no idea
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, I guess the clue is in 'going for a month'.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bob, bloody hell you're organised Shocked

Interesting to hear someone is still using a camera. We used have a camcorder aswell but "phones" these days...

Having just got back Sunday, today I took my first look at when the school holidays begin at Easter to plan the next one!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
@Bob, bloody hell you're organised Shocked

Interesting to hear someone is still using a camera. We used have a camcorder aswell but "phones" these days...

Having just got back Sunday, today I took my first look at when the school holidays begin at Easter to plan the next one!!

in fairness it's a go pro type thingy...

and lots of free time at the moment...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We don’t go till 14th Jan but I’ve been on here and webcams for months.

Any tips for sites or apps to add to the excitement?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
...and when many of us finally get to the airport for our flight to the mountains, we'll still be eager and queue up for our row/class of seating/whatever prematurely and get in the way of things. A recent article betrayed the fabulous name the airline personnel call such people: Gate Lice!
snow conditions
Going on Saturday - snowreport says snow on Saturday for 3-6 days, hoping it is mainly overnight - I’ve not skied in falling snow for many years and I don’t remember it being fun.
snow report
skimummk wrote:
Going on Saturday - snowreport says snow on Saturday for 3-6 days, hoping it is mainly overnight - I’ve not skied in falling snow for many years and I don’t remember it being fun.

Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Slightly harder work but sooo much fun. You do need to bounce a bit to turn though. A few years ago we had a mates holiday where one morning we had over a foot of fresh and falling snow on top of the bashed piste. It was hilarious and great fun once you got your technique adapted to it.
latest report
It's the visibility (or lack thereof) that's not fun. Skiing fresh snow in itself is a beautiful experience!

I'm heading to Hinterglemm on Saturday and my fingers are crossed that there will be some reprieve from the heavy snow clouds that look to be lurking there. Potential of 260mm on Saturday, but I'd like to be able to see where I'm going when I clip in on Sunday!

All packed and ready as of last night, just awaiting today's delivery of three additional batteries for the new Action 4 camera.
latest report
skimummk wrote:

You need trees
latest report
skimummk wrote:

Not sure where you are going but for the Tarentaise the forecast seems to be for lots of light snow rather than big dumps, with light winds and coldish but not really could - so should be quite pleasant. Certainly wish I was going!
snow conditions
skimummk wrote:

Snow days are awesome. Assuming you have some tree-lined runs, I'd take seven snowy days over seven sunny days every time!
ski holidays
We're staying in Valmeneir which I think is bereft of trees but I vaguely remember that Valloire has them? I just follow hubby so don't actually know which valley I'm in Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy