Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost property...my mojo

Poster: A snowHead
If anyone finds my skiing Mojo on the mountains could they please return it to me.

OMG I am skiing so badly this break Sad

It's certainly not helping that my old broken leg hurts like hell every day, but it's done that for years and not affected me this much.

Maybe an actual MOJO device would help...or maybe a slap round the backside and a cry of Pull Yourself Together!!

Anyway...back to it...

MOJO...please come home Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds like you need a small glass of something.... Big Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Painkillers and back to basics.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rungsp, definitely new skis required!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob wrote:
sounds like you need a small glass of something.... Big Wink

There was I thinking how will a red hot curry help, mistaking the emoji for "back bottom like a Japanese flag" instead a "redeye" Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rungsp, May I actually suggest you buy a mojo. I bought one a couple years ago and find it very good on hardpack ridges that used to really hurt my kness. You just squat down and let it take 30% of your body weight direct from your arze to your boots. What resort are you in?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rungsp, lost mine too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rungsp, book a lesson? When I went back after my last knee op, I started OK, went onto a steeper, icier run and suddenly lost all confidence and went into panic. Got myself down in went to a cafe for drink something aith sugar in! Then spoke to ski school when I met my daughter from her lesson and they fitted me in with an over lunch 2hr lesson. Helped no end Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rungsp, sounds like you need 100ml of MTFU.

Only joking. Mojo loss can happen to the best of us. I lost mine briefly in 2022 when I took a wrong turn and ended up at the top of a slope with a big “glace” warning at the top of it. There were no other routes down. I think it had been race prepped and was basically very steep, sheet ice.

I got down it, very slowly, and it knocked me for the remainder of the week. I was totally paranoid about ice. The next trip I spent the first day or two just lapping my favourite blues, and each run topped up my mojo a little until after 2 days, it was fully restored.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lesson specifically targeting confidence. Though I have had some where all they are interested in is teaching perfectly carved turns, so it can really depend on the instructor.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timmycb5 wrote:
@rungsp, sounds like you need 100ml of MTFU.

http://youtube.com/v/RdVQ-xawjaw?si=BqEIrY59QIRQZ62_
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
@rungsp, definitely new skis required!

This is the only sensible answer!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Orange200, that’s the stuff Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rungsp, I thought you literally had lost a Ski Mojo on the slopes and was thinking how tf could that happen.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rungsp, A ski Mojo has saved my skiing life. I broke mine on day 6 of our recent holiday and after 2 runs the old knee was screaming and I bailed.

Many mornings I wouldn't feel it, but skied easy, flowing runs and soon got back into the rhythm.
snow report
@rungsp, nothing wrong with packing in and moving on to something you might actually enjoy. If it isn’t fun do something which is. Lots of other great activities out there.
ski holidays
ster wrote:
@rungsp, I thought you literally had lost a Ski Mojo on the slopes and was thinking how tf could that happen.
Me also, you would have thought you would have noticed if it fell off! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

I thought you literally had lost a Ski Mojo on the slopes and was thinking how tf could that happen.

A blow from a chairlift (one of those lifts where you need to stand in front of your friends) broke one of the carbon fibre rods on my OH's Mojo. The very jagged broken edge dug into his calf muscle a bit. As soon as we got off the chair (an easy level run off, thankfully) we had to stand on the edge when I groped up the leg of his trousers and retrieved the broken bits. I got some funny looks but explained that I was looking for my husband's Mojo. The whole thing then began to fall down so I ended up carrying it all home.
latest report
I lost the hip band/seat of my Mojo in an Onsen in Japan and only realised when I opened the bag on the next trip in Les Arcs. I just walked into the ski shop 100m from my apartment and ordered another. The shop loaned me a spare until the new one was delivered. @Frosty the Snowman, spares are readily available.
latest report
@pam w, A good story. It would be even funnier if you were groping down from the top of his trousers. Or perhaps not.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/pUJCNoLmRO4?si=zWgmeJ5ZtG_GWDX-
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy