Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jackson Hole - 50% off Lift Tickets

Poster: A snowHead
I've just been emailed this fantastic offer!

A bit late in some respects... but nevertheless a great offer Very Happy .

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a great offer. I've been in Canada before where I've had a season pass for one resort and would have liked to visit the next closest resort but couldn't justify it due to crazy day pass prices. Something like this would have got my business and I'm sure bought in a load more people.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergmeister, Plenty of places do this deal in the States, often with the only blackiout dates being public holidays.

we've got a pass now that will give us the same discount without any blackout dates, and we're heading to CA this seson Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a good offer if they get some snow
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
...and if you have a qualifying season ticket from elsewhere, which must only apply to a very small percentage of skiers/boarders.

I reckon take up will be minimal. I can't see many people with season tickets for (for example) somewhere in The Alps being tempted by the offer. After buying a Tirol Snow Card two years ago, the (approx)100 ski areas covered was quite enough for me, without spending more on lift tickets elsewhere.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
...and if you have a qualifying season ticket from elsewhere, which must only apply to a very small percentage of skiers/boarders.

I reckon take up will be minimal. I can't see many people with season tickets for (for example) somewhere in The Alps being tempted by the offer. After buying a Tirol Snow Card two years ago, the (approx)100 ski areas covered was quite enough for me, without spending more on lift tickets elsewhere.

I think the contrary.

It’s aimed straight at Epic pass holders! Especially those whose “home mountain” had been taken over by Vail and was forced into the Epic Pass

(and to a lesser extent, the Indy pass holders)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
I think the contrary. It’s aimed straight at Epic pass holders! Especially those whose “home mountain” had been taken over by Vail and was forced into the Epic Pass
Fair dos @abc - I wasn't aware of the takeover issue.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jackson is a grifter operation. They lie about everything.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jackson just added more dates to the Golden Ticket promotion.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

My brother will be using this offer. He was going anyway and now this pays for about half his season pass.

Snow this season is about average at Jackson so far this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like a niche gimmick.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I reckon take up will be minimal.

As much as snowheads may reinforce the idea, plenty in the world are not 1-2 week per year Brits on winter holidays.

There are loads of people in USA and Canada with season passes to their small local hill. Many do a trip to a big/famous resort each year. This is perfect for them. There are also a tremendous amount with epic passes who will see this as a good opportunity to ski Jackson hole.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:
Looks like a niche gimmick.

not really, many ski areas have been doing this for years, first time at Jackson though Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hear they are also offering free meals and drinks to anyone over the age of 65*.

*Must be accompanied by both parents.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boarder2020 wrote:
There are loads of people in USA and Canada with season passes to their small local hill. Many do a trip to a big/famous resort each year. This is perfect for them. There are also a tremendous amount with epic passes who will see this as a good opportunity to ski Jackson hole.

This.
latest report
Death2PC wrote:
Jackson is a grifter operation. They lie about everything.

I have no idea what a grifter operation is Puzzled .
ski holidays
^^^Not just you @Bergmeister Puzzled
ski holidays
Quote:
As much as snowheads may reinforce the idea, plenty in the world are not 1-2 week per year Brits on winter holidays
That'll be me and Mrs MA in a normal, non-rehab from injury, season. But I must say, when we were Tirol Snowcard and Espace Killy season ticket holders in past seasons, we felt like we'd spent quite enough on lift tickets and had enough skiing covered to not want to visit other areas (except Scotland as it's 'local' and we do like to support the ski areas there). But I can now see that US skiers could be lured by the half-price Jackson Hole offer.

Snowheads is just reflecting the fact that (Scotland and Pennines areas aside wink ) we're not an alpine nation and the majority of snowsports enthusiasts are constrained by work/lack of time/costs. It would surely be a different story if we all lived in The Alps.
ski holidays
Quote:

when we were Tirol Snowcard and Espace Killy season ticket holders in past seasons, we felt like we'd spent quite enough on lift tickets and had enough skiing covered to not want to visit other areas

Yes, but the comparison is more like someone having a lift pass for a small resort in Europe with a couple of lifts, and then 3 valleys/verbier/Chamonix putting on a deal to entice them.

Also whistler and Kootenays haven't had a great start to the season. It's not an unthinkable road trip (especially by north American standards) from Southern BC to Jackson Hole. You might be surprised how many would seriously consider that for a long weekend.

Perhaps not so much in Europe. But Jackson hole is a pretty iconic resort in n America. A lot of people will have it as a bucket list place they want to ski at least once. Plus from Jackson you can also say trip to Yellowstone, which is again an iconic bucket list kind or place and also appeals to those who are maybe not even interested in skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy