Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I’m new to this forum, a very experienced skier, meaning I’m an expert but now am old. I’ve skied on Rossignol GS skis for over 30 years but now want to drop down one level to have a pair that allow longer turns but still with good grip on harder snow. What can you (politely) suggest please in the Rossignol range? (Preferably last 5 years models but not necessarily new). Thank you.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Lesnarcisses, Hi, and welcome to snowHeads snowHead
It might be helpful if there was some more info - height, weight age and gender for a start. On piste, all mountain, free ride Puzzled Prefer bumps, long turns, short turns Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Lesnarcisses, Welcome to Snowheads. It might help if you mention which specific rossignol GS Skis you are currently on (e.g. The Hero range, has FIS, Athlete, Elite, Masters options I think)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Thank you for the questions, I’m male, 5’8” and used Rossignol World Cup GS skis in the past. They are too grown up for me now but I am looking for something softer but still harder than the Scratch which were brilliant for all mountain soft conditions. Any ideas please? Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Thank you for the questions, I’m male, 5’8” and used Rossignol World Cup GS skis in the past. They are too grown up for me now but I am looking for something softer but still harder than the Scratch which were brilliant for all mountain soft conditions. Any ideas please? Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well,if you're on the WC skis I'm guessing they are something like a 30m radius.
If you still want a GS stye ski you might want to look at something like the Dynastar masters GS - there is be a Rossi version of this ski (it's just a different topsheet), but I can't remember offhand what it is. Its a good fun ski if you like making those kinds of turns, but it's a bit softer than the FIS version and has a shorter radius. There are options available with either the Konnect system binding or with R22 plate plus binding (The SPX 15 is the better binding compared to the SPX12, but heavier and only goes down to DIN 7). I've definitely seen folks selling these on here/ ebay/ facebook.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for your reply. We are getting there. I need the name of the Rossignol ski that is one step down from the GS racing skis please. I’m 63 years old and need a gentler ski but certainly not a soft one. Thanks again.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The questions by @snowheid are all very relevant and in order to get close to a decent recommendation, really need answered in full.

Weight: Is much more relevant than height

Age/Fitness - Need not be exact, but could have a significant bearing on any suggestions

Terrain - Piste only, or a mixture. If a mixture, percentage of time Off Piste. If enjoy Moguls, that also has a bearing.

Turn Type/Ski Radius - Short (11m-13m); Long (18m - 22m); Versatile (14m - 16m)

Aggression - How fast do you currently like to ski

Are you happy to consider brands other than Rossignol?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lesnarcisses wrote:
Thank you for your reply. We are getting there. I need the name of the Rossignol ski that is one step down from the GS racing skis please. I’m 63 years old and need a gentler ski but certainly not a soft one. Thanks again.

I *think* the Rossi HERO MASTER LT is the one I'm thinking of that is the same as the Dynastar Masters GS. But don't get hung up on the brand name. The Dynastar and Rossi race skis are *exactly the same skis* just with different graphics/ naming. If you're looking for a bargain (especially old stock or second hand) it's worth looking out for both the Dynastar and Rossi branded versions.
What does make a difference is whether you go for the system binding (konnect) or the R22 plate + SPX12/15. Personally, I think the R22 plate makes a real difference to the feel of the ski, and if you're used to this on the WC skis you probably will find the konnect leaves you a bit flat.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you simply want to replace what you have, with something similar but a bit easier (which is probably what you do), I think @Tubaski has given the likely best option. As he has said, it can be bought with, or without the race plate. Like he also said, I suspect you would prefer the extra precision of the R22 plate.

https://www.rossignol.com/gb-en/unisex-racing-skis-hero-master-lt-r22-RALHE01000.html

https://www.rossignol.com/gb-en/unisexs-racing-skis-hero-elite-lt-ti-konect-RALPL01000.html

I was just checking that you definitely wanted to remain with a Race Ski, rather than something a little more versatile, with a slightly shorter turn radius....all of which can make for an easier life. In other words, a lot has changed over 30 years and it might be worth checking out what is currently available, before going for something similar.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 31-12-23 14:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the Rossignol Masters LT in 173cm and the radius is said to be 17m. If like me you are getting on a bit you may no longer do v short turns, but these will do as short as you comfortably can, and are also good at medium turns. I got these last year, been on them for a lot of days, something like this really sounds like what would suit you. I have the SPX12. The ski is excellent, best I have had for a long time. I am 174cms, 81kg, my skiing pal is more like 180 and 90 kg, he has tried them with no problems he said. I think there is a longer length if you are a beast.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent! Thank you! I will look into them…Much appreciated.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy