Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado Late March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have 6 days in Colorado late March. Thinking of doing 3 days at Beaver Creek and 3 days Snowmass/Aspen. Usually ski in Europe and this will be first time in Colorado in 20 years. Any thoughts on if this is best choice for Spring skiing? Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Busterreid,
Welcome to Snowheads. We love Colorado skiing and have visited there each February for a few years now. Unfortunately I can't comment on likely conditions in March.

Are you aware that lift tickets are likely to cost you an arm and a leg? ie nearly $1400 for 6 days? Puzzled Shocked

Here's a link to Beaver Creek's prices. They are now charging a ridiculous $289 per day! But the good news is that you get $99 off if you buy a 3 day ticket in advance! rolling eyes

https://www.beavercreek.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/tickets.aspx?startDate=03%2F20%2F2024&numberOfDays=3&ageGroup=Adult

However, Aspen is a bit cheaper, at just over $600 for 3 days... Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, maybe we should just do 2 days in Beaver Creek and 4 in Aspen. I have to say I was somewhat shocked at the price of tickets. We just got back from France and it was £1600 for 7 of us for 6 days!
If anyone has thoughts on weather Breckenridge would be better that would be great.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Busterreid, Welcome to snowHead

Been to Co a number of times, late March a couple - conditons will probably be fine - but its Spring Break so the big places will be busy.
You've missed the window on cheap lift tickets - we did a couple of days in Aspen the other year for $45 a day Toofy Grin

If you dont mind driving Wolf Creek and Monarch might be a better bet, cheap tickets, less busy and as its an El Nino year plenty of Snow. Wolf Creek often gets some of the most sow figures per season.

Breck will also be busy and on a par with high ticket prices - accommodation costs wont be cheap either, if you can get any at any of the main resorts. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You really needed one of the multiresort passes like epic to make it more affordable, was about $700 for an epic local pass, but they stopped selling them now.

There are some cheaper options like Loveland which was $269 for 4 passes.

Aspen is good, but a bit out they way. There are plenty of great resorts between Vail/beaver creek and Denver.

I wouldn't worry about the weather. Due to the altitude late March is usually fine. But yes higher resorts like Breck and arapahoe basin (which is also north facing) are good options.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Busterreid wrote:
Thanks, maybe we should just do 2 days in Beaver Creek and 4 in Aspen. I have to say I was somewhat shocked at the price of tickets. We just got back from France and it was £1600 for 7 of us for 6 days!
If anyone has thoughts on weather Breckenridge would be better that would be great.

You might want to have a look at lesser-known resorts. We skied Sunlight Mountain at Glenwood Springs in February and there were no more than a dozen cars in the car park. We had untracked powder all day there and had the place to ourselves. A few pics are below, all taken "on piste" Very Happy :-

Sunlight trail map here:-

Lift tickets are about $80 per day and you could easily put in 2 or 3 days there, particularly if you enjoy skiing glades. They have only a couple of chairlifts but they serve very varied terrain, with some runs over 50 degrees... if you like that sort of thing! Toofy Grin

Loveland is also worth a visit, only 2 hours from Denver, with some great skiing; and Powderhorn was excellent when we skied there 2 years ago.

If you like off piste, Silverton is one for your bucket list. It has only 1 chairlift and all runs are black and off piste. It costs about $200 per day for lift ticket and guide and is worth every penny.

We've not been, but Cooper (not Copper Mountain) near Leadville looks great and has $90 lift tickets so that could also be worth a visit.

And not forgetting Arapahoe Basin, which is another underrated ski area.

I'm sure others will be along with further advice, but essentially there is no need to blow the budget on lift tickets at Colorado megaresorts wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was interested in Wolf Creek a few weeks ago but couldn’t work out how to get there without driving.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Orange200 wrote:
I was interested in Wolf Creek a few weeks ago but couldn’t work out how to get there without driving.

It would be difficult, which makes it appealing, as the masses dont go Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fair comment!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Busterreid wrote:

Perhaps if you give us some idea what level of skier your group is, and the kind of terrain you enjoy, we would be better able to suggestion which resort is better than the rest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy