Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Isola Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all and happy Christmas!

Off to Isola for the first time; second week of Jan for a midweek trip. My wife has kindly booked us a few hours of private lessons with ESF.

It looks like the only two ski schools that operate there are ESI and ESF. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with those local schools or know of others? I had an ESF lesson in Morzine years ago and it was a bit ‘meh’.

My wife’s been skiing a handful of times and I’m an intermediate. Any advice or steer would be appreciated. Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No answers on this one but if helpful for anyone who ends up in Isola;

The lessons from ESI were fine. Had an older instructor whose English was challenged in parts, however, he was engaging and quite ‘old school’ in presentation and approach.

My wife benefitted well and I got some key takeaways, so can’t complain. Plus, the value was very good (90 euro for a shared two hour morning lesson). Only other school there is ESF with seemingly no independents so choice is slightly limited.

Otherwise, nearly three bluebird days, fair snow conditions and some of the most empty slopes I’ve ever seen! Ideal.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant!
Always wondered about Isola, being so accessible from Nice. How did you get to resort (assuming you flew into Nice)? I’m told there’s a ridiculously cheap public bus, but have never really found a comprehensive explanation online.
Glad you had fun. That’s what it’s all about.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cardweg wrote:
Brilliant!
Always wondered about Isola, being so accessible from Nice. How did you get to resort (assuming you flew into Nice)? I’m told there’s a ridiculously cheap public bus, but have never really found a comprehensive explanation online.
Glad you had fun. That’s what it’s all about.

We booked the Snow Bus to the resort that goes from basically the airport terminal……10 Euro each. We then got the Public Bus back…..1.50 Euro each! Cheapest transfers known to man!

You can book the Snow Bus both ways but we wouldn’t owing to flight times. And yeah, went from Nice with the transfer being about 90 mins each way.

A very accessible, easy resort to get to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy