Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

interhome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had problems with interhome cancelling bookings very close to departutre ? We booked an apartment very close to the centre of st gervais for four weeks starting early jan back in feb, they ran me last week to say there was "water damage" and the entire booking had been cancelled, it took them three emails to send a link to another property that was way out of town and did not have the facilities we asked for, it was cheaper by a few pounds per week than the one we booked but isnt acceptable as its too far from town and not on the shuttle route is tiny and poor quality, after doing some research I found they have a better quality one available for our dates but again its too far out of town, after telling them three times about it during three phone calls they now deny its even available despite the fact that using my wifes email address we have managed to put it on hold for us .

Luckily Peak retreats have managed to get us an extension on the week we had booked with them in st gervais, Ive told interhome I expect them to cover the difference between our initial reservation cost and the peak retreats one, its £1,300.00 the difference between the interhome one they offered us and the one they deny is available is very nearly £4,000.00 , no wonder their system cant find it Mad Mad .

I would advise anyone thinking of booking with them to think very hard, not only have they been absolutely incompetent in helping us they are now down right lying
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never heard of them
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dutch company i think?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used them a few times and not had a problem, sorry to hear about it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Never heard of them

Very popular, especially in France - though they have properties everywhere. Big, international company.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
used them a couple of times, in Austria, and italy. No problems
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used them for a booking in Tignes last season. I booked through VRBO but they were the agency in Tignes Le Lac. Communication was very poor. Minimal pre- trip info regarding access to the apartment. Office was rarely open when I was there. The apartment had issues but they were not responsive. Not a biggie and I thought it was the usual Gallic approach to business.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry to hear about the grief you've had.

I've used them three times, all in Austria, and found the communication really good. One of the bookings had to be cancelled because of COVID in April 2020 and they were prompt and helpful with the refund. I guess it varies by which office you deal with.

Hope you have a good holiday despite the hassle
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gored wrote:
Dutch company i think?

Swiss, in fact. The seem to deal mainly with holiday home owners and offer a range of management options, so not quite the same model as booking.com and Airbnb.

I'd be interested if anyone's used them, to know _why_ they used them. Were they cheaper, more confidence-inspiring or was there another reason? Did they list properties not available elsewhere? They're not immediately open about their commission rates, which will always make me think they're going to be higher than the competition, leading to higher prices for the end customer as well.

I'm genuinely interested, given the proportion of our own guests who just use the booking sites and don't seem to do the most basic checks to find that they can book direct for a much lower price.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chaletbeauroc, There's a (physical) Interhome branch in our village. They're very popular, mainly because they have the largest selection of properties hereabouts, and a good reputation for customer service. There are a couple of other locally owned agencies in the village, with equally glittery websites and lovely properties, but Interhome are simply bigger and therefore more likely to be able to offer what people want. Renting anything here is pretty expensive, I don’t think price is really a big issue for the holidaymakers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike, Thanks for that. A little more research finds that they want to be the sole agency for any given property so the owner doesn't have the option to list independently on other channels or their own website. Probably why it's not come up on my periodic 'new channels I should investigate" search.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Chaletbeauroc,
I've used them a few times when looking for accommodation in Nendaz. I do look at other agencies and occasionally private lets, and have sometimes used Interhome but more often other lets.
Price is always one of my criteria.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the replies, problems occur in the real world and I accpet that but their customer service Ive received is just awful, its a four week booking at a quiet time of the year and if the appartment had been ok we would have rebooked for next year before leaving, we are very flexible and dont demand perfection but being lied to is not on. I will see how it plays out, at least we have sorted it out thanks to peak retreats who we have been with for 13/14 years, I guess trying to save money can backfire at times, certainly a lesson learnt
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar wrote:
@Chaletbeauroc,
I've used them a few times when looking for accommodation in Nendaz. I do look at other agencies and occasionally private lets, and have sometimes used Interhome but more often other lets.
Price is always one of my criteria.

Same. Great choice and better value than AirBNB. The office staff (in Nendaz) all very helpful too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy