Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

San Martino resort connections

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In San Martino di Castrozza is there a ski bus that goes to other resorts on the valle silver pass. Ie Falcade or Alpe Lusie? Have a good transfer quote for group of 14 from the airport but can also hire but would prefer not to. Have searched everywhere on line but no mention of public transport to those areas. Would appreciate any info please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are going to San Martino for the first time. Not planning on doing what you are thinking (we have a boy in half day ski school) but found the attached. Not sure the bus goes up to the lift at Castelir.

https://www.sanmartino.com/upload/files/05__24inv_p64.pdf

Other buses here but you have to use the IT language version to find them.

https://www.sanmartino.com/IT/skibus/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for those links. Having a look at the first link and it looks like there is some sort of bus going north to the other resorts. Its hard going trying to navigate tru Italian website. If your boy is a good age he will hopefully be looking for more km than S Martino later in the week. We have 5 kids all under 10yrs and they are flying. Recommended private class for a few days which what we did last yr and had a beginner 8yr old looking for blacks the end of the week!! Private classes are half the price compared to Austria
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
He’s 6 so we were thinking/hoping that the long blues under the two gondolas will be good with options up tognola and passo rolle.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello, as far as I know San martino is not connected to other ski areas. You can go to moena , for san pellegrino area, but you need to take two busses. First from SMC autostazione to predazzo, then predazzo to moena. Is over two hours not sure is worth it. If you get bored by doing the same runs and you like to clock km I would choose another resort.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@garc,
Hi garc did you find any more info on transport to a different resort? We're in San Martino for a week in Feb half term and thought a day at San Pellegrino would be worthwhile, Google maps said it's 50 minutes by road so thought a private transfer/taxi may be worth looking at.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm currently staying in Falcade and drove over to San Martino di Castrozza on Monday as I've always wanted to ski there. It was a long drive there and back over two very winding alpine passes, Passo Valles and Passo Rolle. Not sure I would bother doing that again.

It looked a charming resort with a stunning backdrop and the ski area was great. I skied from Tognola across to Ces and back with some challenging reds either side of Malga Cigolera...but skied almost every run and lift in a day. There is the Colverde lift and a few more at Passo Rolle which are linked by skibus. I guess the closest thing beyond that is the Alpe Lusia/Bellamonte area, which is a nice area and you could drive there over Passo Rolle, road conditions permitting

Passo San Pellegrino is a very worthwhile area, but would be a long way, whether you went over the Passo Valles to the Falcade end or drove round via Predazzo & Moena where the roads are a bit less tortuous.
I will take a look at the bus info, I can usually decipher it, but I doubt public transport would be a viable option to PSP and a taxi would cost a lot of money one way, let alone a return trip

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 25-01-24 5:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@s397cyg, the links you posted show buses coming up the Primiero Valley to SMC, around the resort linking various hotels to the 3 base stations and another service up to Passo Rolle and back, but nothing linking to other resorts sadly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@luigi yes agreed. You can get to predazzo but doesn’t work for skiing other areas.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It would be terrific to do a road trip round that area.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try to see if you can get a rental if possible. The closest other area is Catelir (Bellamonte/Alpe Lusia), about 30 min drive up Passo Rolle and then down again. It's a nice area with 2 faces. The Castelir side is all very cruisy blues and light reds, the Ronchi side is darker reds and an amazing black valley descend to Ronchi.

San Pellegrino (Falcade side), you get to by crossing the Passo Rolle and after going up Passo Valles. Is about 45 min. You can shave some time off by stopping before Falcade at Albergo Dolomiti. Locals always stop there because you can park your car and get on the red piste going down to Falcade. Avoiding the hassle of finding parking in Falcade.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+Pensione+Dolomiti/@46.3485296,11.8407987,15.75z/data=!4m9!3m8!1s0x47785b44abdf1157:0xbd723702ea0452!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d46.3502158!4d11.848948!16s%2Fg%2F1v6l6b1f?authuser=0&entry=ttu
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for your advice, I'll have a think about it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy