Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels with secure car parks en route to alps

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am Looking for a hotel I can leave my car overnight without having to unload stuff, around Reims or on the autoroute etc.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at B&B hotels…they all have secure parking
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only one place really well known to most snowheads … the wonderful Val Moret

https://www.logishotels.com/en/hotel/logis-hotel-le-val-moret-2574
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry, but

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andmelffion wrote:

The Reims one doesn't.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Put all your valued packing at the top if you absolutely want to not completely unload your car, but do not leave anything of any value in your car around Reims or on ANY auto route in France. Sorry, but it is how it is. Will it take so long to empty your car?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@thecramps, you seem to have a pretty strong opinion. Personal experience?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hotel Akena City, Reims Bezannes has a fenced/gated car park that is closed 10pm to 6 am with 24 hour reception.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@thecramps, agreed.

We are driving to UK and will be taking all the presents & electronics into the hotel at Reims. We only pack our clothes in bags for life anyway and use the parcel shelf.

French & Spanish motorway routes are like the wild west!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs wrote:
andmelffion wrote:

The Reims one doesn't.

Apologies you’re right….but I’d never think about staying anywhere near Reims anyway, Saint Quentin is much nicer
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I generally use Ibis hotels for this reason (secure parking) and because they have 24 hour staffed reception.

I'd usually stop over either a bit before Reims or a bit after: St Quentin (the one just on the edge of town rather than the centre) or Troyes Est.

The latter is only a few minutes off the motorway, has a couple restaurants and a pub close by and a commercial centre where you can fuel up cheaply and do a grocery shop if you need to. It has a gated car park with surveillance cameras.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In Ay, Near Reims we cam across this place, had a lovely stay there, huge old garage across the road you can use, and we charged up for free overnight.
This was a purposeful slow trip down so we arrived early, had a few beers in a local bar, leisurely breakfast, and toddled down to BSM for the next night.

https://www.casteljeanson.fr/en/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Auberge de Moissons has secure parking, and a good restaurant, just outside of Chalons and very close to autoroute. https://www.auberge-des-moissons.com/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We stay in B&B and Ace Hotels around Arras and Troyes both in winter and summer with roofbox and bikes on back (summer) and have been fine for many years (in prime time school holidays). There's usually a gate that's locked overnight - not been to any that haven't had this.

Usual things. Don't leave anything visible in the car! We have a dedicated 'overnight bag', 'security bag' (gadgets, passports, valuables) and 'food bag'. The hotel routine on arrival/leaving is one bag per person!

There is a really nice B&B Hotel in Reims near the Railway Station but we haven't been there for many years. Biggest family room I've ever stayed in. And tram stop if you wanted to go explore Reims but we've never done that.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andmelffion wrote:
rjs wrote:
andmelffion wrote:

The Reims one doesn't.

Apologies you’re right….but I’d never think about staying anywhere near Reims anyway, Saint Quentin is much nicer

Isn’t that a jail? Should at least be secure, I guess Eh oh!
latest report
Quote:
We stay in B&B and Ace Hotels around Arras and Troyes both in winter and summer with roofbox and bikes on back....Usual things. Don't leave anything visible in the car
But bikes on the back overnight is fine? Shocked
snow conditions
I just stay in F1 hotels and lock the car, taking electronics and passports inside. Roof box has skis. No issue so far with non secure hotel car parks.
latest report
Thanks everyone.
Will try and get down to Dijon ( I’m by myself, which has its merits and minuses). There’s a holiday inn express there. I’ll put valuables in a bag and take boots in too.
snow report
@Jwh138, If you wanted to stop nearer Reims, the Hotel B&B at Chalons-en-Champagne does have secure parking.
ski holidays
@Je suis un Skieur, Fortunately not me personally, but we know people who have been robbed or had cars broken into, one couple twice in one holiday, though fortunately they left nothing of value in their car. Why do people think French autoroutes are safer than the UK? Weird. If you wouldn't leave it in your car in Manchester, don't leave it in your car on any auto route in France or europe frankly. Sadly thefts are common.

Just a note, secure parking might mean your car can't be driven out, it doesn't necessarily mean people can't get in. I would'NT leave anything you can't do without in your vehicle.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 16-12-23 18:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
thecramps wrote:
Just a note, secure parking might mean your car can't be driven out, it doesn't necessarily mean people can't get in.

The Chalons Hotel B&B is completely secure, you have to use an intercom to ask the reception to open the only gate. If the neighbours are trying to get into your car then you have bigger problems.
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
We stay in B&B and Ace Hotels around Arras and Troyes both in winter and summer with roofbox and bikes on back....Usual things. Don't leave anything visible in the car
But bikes on the back overnight is fine? Shocked

You should see the bikes.
ski holidays
We had our camper broken into in a carpark in a quiet French town. We'd been at our apartment for 2 weeks and were heading to Burgundy for a few days before going home. Stopped for quick lunch and had driver's side window broken and valuables stolen.
Fortunately they didn't get the pet passports which were in the glove box, or our own which were in my bag, but my laptop, a bike computer and some jewellery that I'd left behind at my apartment on a previous visit were taken. About £1800 worth once they were added up . Nothing was actually in sight, apart from a very old ipod. They left my husband's phone that he'd left in the front of the van and his laptop that was tucked behind a seat, but grabbed 2 bags from a cupboard. Bikes on the rear were untouched. We were 150m away from the car park, but just out of sight. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the gendarmerie and drove back to our apartment to sort out the mess and arrange the window repair. Everything was covered by insurance, but it was inconvenient . Two more people came to report similar crimes all within 30 minutes of each other.
snow conditions
thecramps wrote:
Just a note, secure parking might mean your car can't be driven out, it doesn't necessarily mean people can't get in. I would leave anything you can't do without in your vehicle.

I presume that's a typo and you meant "I would'nt leave anything you can't do without in your vehicle" Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, Correct Laughing Laughing
snow report
They're quite often hard to get into if you aren't a hotel guest too. Some are properly gated so not just a barrier, with a code to get into the side gate. Others have a hotel entrance with the cars locked into the car park. There's some in Beaune with courtyards and parking outside your room, but you'd find them difficult to access if you weren't a resident.
ski holidays
@Jwh138, we've used the Dijon Holiday Inn Express (Saint Apolinaire) plenty of times. It has a gate which is closed at night and a 24h reception / security.

There is anothor new HIE about 10 mins further south but not tried that one.
latest report
Thanks for the advice everyone. I just ploughed on and did it in one hit. Quite manageable. Cheers again.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy