Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you get constipation when on a skiing trip?

Poster: A snowHead
I do. I can't work out why, either. Is it the altitude? I remember on a school trip about 20 odd years ago when my PE teacher and I had to grimace and grunt at the Pharmacy in Les Coches to obtain some laxatives.

Apart from learning some French, how can I best avoid this in the future?

I can't wait any longer-I gotta go........
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find that within a half hour of the first run of the day I am sufficiently 'loose' and need to visit the launch pad. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No - if anything the opposite (sorry, I know, too much info Blush )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The old 'traveller's malteser' syndrome, a well known problem. I think it's a combination of air travel (dehydration) with altitude (dehydration). The prospect of launching myself down a mountain used t osort things out on morning one, but no longer (which is progress of a sort, I suppose). Plenty of water, not too much booze (as if) is probably the answer.

Pity it wasn't your maths teacher, BTW; he could have worked it out with a pencil. Boom, boom.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It could be the altitude/lack of pressure. I have always bunged up on long-haul flights. I thought they might put something in the airline food to stop you going (thereby saving wear & tear on the aircraft WC) but who knows? Never had the problem in the mountains tho.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitiely aircraft aircon and dehydration has a marked affect but who cares? A couple of beers and a bit of a bung up never hurt anyone.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean, Yes - took some Sennacot (sp) last year and that did the trick ! Little Angel

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 7-07-06 14:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
there's definitely a tendency to get dehydrated on a ski trip I think. Combination of the dry atmosphere, more exertion than usual, maybe more alcohol than usual, the price of drinks on the mountain and not wanting to drink too much water in case of finding oneself far from a loo, or not wanting to climb out of all those clothes. And diet may not help. Too many cheesy dishes and not enough fresh fruit and veg. And baguettes or croissants for breakfast instead of wholemeal toast or muesli..... last but not least, that French toilet paper! Dehydration accounts for some of the headaches and sleep problems people have, too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not in the slightest. I'm (metaphorically) in cathy's camp. Generally all my parties suffer "Gaston's revenge" at some point.

How can you get dehydrated when there's so much beer to drink?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch wrote:

By drinking it, I think. It's a diuretic, isn't it?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, but I always put it down to decreased water consumption & increased alcohol consumption.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And Austrian toilets, whilst we're on the subject - what are they all about?? A nice little shelf where it can all drop onto for you to examine after at your leisure? Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy, Worms - they eat alot of sausages! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I lower my tailboard regularly as ever when skiing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy wrote:
And Austrian toilets, whilst we're on the subject - what are they all about?? A nice little shelf where it can all drop onto for you to examine after at your leisure? Shocked
Yes, I have noticed that too, and then more often than not the water pressure when you flush isn't powerful enough to clear the shelf, so just as you are about to leave the room you notice that your doings are still there smiling sweetly staring up at you rolling eyes
ski holidays
Quote:

David Murdoch wrote:

By drinking it, I think. It's a diuretic, isn't it?

absolutely. There were several fatalities amongst the Italian workers on the Kariba Dam - they drank loads of beer until the medics realised what was happening and forbade it. And prescribed salt tablets for all. Those little strong coffees are diuretic too - the places which serve them with a glass of water have the right idea.
snow conditions
Never had a problem like that, however if we're on the subject some hotels serve stewed fruits at breakfast, that ought to do the trick wink
ski holidays
Now this is a bit more like the quality of important medical discussoin that I expect from snowHead s wink
Well, I don't get this problem at all ever, but SWMBO gets it whenever we go away... anywhere. I think it's the strange toilets.
Talking of which: deriding the Austrians for their shelf - surely much worse are the French hole in the floor.
SWMBO never knows which way round to stand and how to avoid p1ssing on her feet (and how to avoid other people's "misses" - yeeeuuucchh!)

Good: toilets, bowels, excellent.

Religion or sex anyone?
ski holidays
Nick L, squatting over a french hold in the ground isn't the most comfortable, but it loosens things up very well in my experience!
ski holidays
I'm with Cathy. I always go BEFORE I get up on a skiing holiday Wink
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, That explains the state of the bed then wink
snow report
Absolutely not.
snow report
Oh dear, there's a few with me - thought it was getting a bit crowded in there.
ski holidays
no no no you are far too sensible - pam w, - drink enough beer and dehydration is the least of your worries.
snow conditions
Those thus afflicted need to go on holiday with David Goldsmith. Somebody said he was a $h1t stirrer on another thread.
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Never had a problem like that, however if we're on the subject some hotels serve stewed fruits at breakfast, that ought to do the trick wink

Qiute right - stewed prunes should get things going Shocked

Whilst we are on this topic, it reminds me of the old schoolboy howler "Sir Francis Drake was on Plymouth Hoe. He said the Spanish Armada can wait - my bowels can't!" Toofy Grin
snow report
laundryman, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
...more often than not the water pressure when you flush isn't powerful enough to clear the shelf, so just as you are about to leave the room you notice that your doings are still there smiling sweetly staring up at you rolling eyes

No - never had that! Shocked You must have very strong doings wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Of course, he's a structural engineer Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
boredsurfin, cathy, Dozy plonker just hasn't realised that it's duel flush! rolling eyes
ski holidays
Oi. It is just that I'm no lightweight, in any sense of the word rolling eyes .
latest report
It has been said on sH's that a chalet holiday is a good cure for constipation. Having once seen a Thomson guest with a skid-marked canary yellow one piece ski suit there would seem to be some truth in the rumour. The guy had been caught short mid-run with an impending dose of the Leons and had schussed it to the nearest restau d'altitude but had come up against two delays - the facililties are always at the bottom of steep wet staircases with queues of birds hanging around waiting for the ladies and having negotiated these he realised he couldn't sit down with his boots on, he exploded while trying to remove a tight fitting (probably from SZK's shop) four clip boot. Anyway he sent the ski suit to the "blanchisserie" for the express overnight service and it came back a shade of yellow lighter but with the brown patch permanently stained into the seat. He had nothing else to wear all week, so he said. Personally I would have ditched it and skied in my jeans but his reasoning was he was still feeling a bit Pat and Mick with further doses Tom Tits on the way.

Otherwise if you are a bit tight ski Val d'Isère or les Arcs and make sure you drink the luvverly mountain water. Smile

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 7-07-06 21:19; edited 2 times in total
snow report
The main reason for skiing in Switzerland is the toilets
snow report
riverman, Have you used the one on the Klein Matterhorn? It seals everything in the pan in plastic - very clever and no pongs.
ski holidays
Incoqskisno No i have not but will take note. Have you come across the ones that wash the seat between flushes
latest report
riverman, Be careful how you spell my name Shocked Laughing

No I haven't come across those.
latest report
IncoqSkiSno I think that is correct, sorry about the error
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:
cathy wrote:
Yes, I have noticed that too, and then more often than not the water pressure when you flush isn't powerful enough to clear the shelf, so just as you are about to leave the room you notice that your doings are still there smiling sweetly staring up at you rolling eyes

Technique is king, beginners should start with a gentle body movement that leaves the aforementioned jobbie across the shelf, that way it gets a full broadside so gets washed away. Advanced jobbers can move onto more technical shapes like circles and spirals.
ski holidays
I know a sure fire way of curing constipation, and a few EoSBers were lucky enough to take part in it. wink
snow report
riverman wrote:
IncoqSkiSno I think that is correct, sorry about the error

Laughing Laughing Laughing

No it's IncogSkiSno as in Incognito

BTW no worries
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy