Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss e-vignette

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has already been posted but might be news to some as it was for me:

From December 1 , 2023 , the Swiss authorities are implementing the e-vignette in digital format , directly attached to your license plate.
You will no longer need to stick the sticker on your windshield.
[url=https://via.admin.ch/shop/dashboard][/url]

Hopefully make the queues at Vallorbe shorter!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might make it a bit confusing for hiring cars - hopefully there'll be somewhere online to check if your car has one?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MHskier wrote:

e-vignette in digital format , directly attached to your license plate.
You will no longer need to stick the sticker on your windshield.

Just to clarify, it's not physically attached to your plate either.
MHskier wrote:

Well that really depends on how often. and how quickly, the border staff will be doing their 'random checks'. I feel it likely that they'll check all foreign plates, so it may mean every such car stopping while the check is performed.

I haven't got the new one yet, still got this years on my windscreen, so although I crossed a major motorway border post last week I didn't notice anything different from before.

Oh, it's perhaps also worth pointing out that you can still buy the physical sticker at the border or petrol stations as before.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 12-12-23 17:52; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
denfinella wrote:
Might make it a bit confusing for hiring cars - hopefully there'll be somewhere online to check if your car has one?

Yes, there is. When you buy it there's an option to be able to make it public, so for shared and rental cars a future user can simply type the reg number in and it will flash up if one has been bought (with the public option selected).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any idea if this is a) going to be available for foreign registration cars, and b) available to buy online?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, my sister-in-law bought an electronic 2024 tag for her UK car last week. Sorry, I don’t have the details from her, but it looks like you go to the Federal website

www.e-vignette.ch

and take it from there. BEWARE - there already seem to be intermediary sites that pop up in a search ahead of the Federal one. I assume they do the usual and charge you an entirely unnecessary ‘fee’.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

MHskier wrote:

Well that really depends on how often. and how quickly, the border staff will be doing their 'random checks'. I feel it likely that they'll check all foreign plates, so it may mean every such car stopping while the check is performed.

At what point have border staff had any interest in checking for motorway vignettes? For a start it would only make sense on a border check point that's on a motorway as you don't need one to cross the border and NOT use the motorways.

Based on my experience of crossing the border in a van they took one look at the UK plates and waved us through, being much more interested in Swiss cars that might have been on a shopping trip to France to ensure they didn't 'forget' to pay any appropreate import duties.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mjit wrote:
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

MHskier wrote:

At what point have border staff had any interest in checking for motorway vignettes? For a start it would only make sense on a border check point that's on a motorway as you don't need one to cross the border and NOT use the motorways.

Based on my experience of crossing the border in a van they took one look at the UK plates and waved us through, being much more interested in Swiss cars that might have been on a shopping trip to France to ensure they didn't 'forget' to pay any appropreate import duties.

They're Swiss. They are concerned about money. They want their CHF 40. That influences whether they stop you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mjit wrote:

I was failing to realise that the crossing mentioned is not on a motorway, given it's one I never use.

I used the term 'border staff' specifically for those people who do precisely that job, and only that job, on the motorway crossings, not the actual Border Guard' people. The terminology is used on the e-vignette site previously mentioned.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy