Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl mid april

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know its high etc but what could i realistically expect on week starting April 13 24?, could I still ski down to the village? and is it usually skiable all day or just in the morning?. Looking at doing half board at the piz buin if anyone has ever been there aswell
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skiable all day. down to town will be slushy bumps at end of day. As good as anywhere in the Alps for that time of year
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiing home would depend on both weather and where you're staying in town at that end of the season. Clearly if it's cold with lots of late season snow, which is possible you'd be fine. If it's sunny though the (in large section south facing) run to the Pardatschgratbhan side can get rather moist under foot. The other home runs usually hold up as they go down the other side of the valley and are generally in the shade. Right at the bottom you might have to stop in the shade though and maybe not ski down the bank from the Val Sinestra to the Christine.

Never stayed in the Piz Buin but it is on the Pardatsch' side - but worst case you can ski down to the Val Sinestra, carry your skis for 2 minutes walking to the lift opposite the Jagerhoff, ride the travelator to the Fimbabhan, lift/steps down, 3 minute walk to the Piz (longer if you stop for a beer en route).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been the first week of April a couple of times, and was all skiable top to bottom. You do just need to adjust your style throughout the day as snow conditions change.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have been twice for closing week and both times the ski down to village was open and great fun. 1st time was after watching a bit of the Kylie Minogue concert in the pissing snow.2nd May think that was.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If hypothetically, the home runs were only open as low as the A1/A3 middle station, would it even affect your enjoyment of the week? You would miss a small bit of crappy skiing back into the town and probably have the annoyance of having to queue for a bit to download. Up until 16:30ish your day would be pretty much unaffected. Personally, even if I knew that the home runs would be closed but everything above 1700m open then it wouldn't put me off going
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl April 2017:

Ischgl April 2018:

Ischgl April 2023 (was better than it looks):

I've skied powder in April in Ischgl most of the last 10 years. Of course it might not snow in the week you're there, but you're highly likely to get either gorgeous sunshine and lovely spring snow or a dump to the valley (or both).

I've never known it to not be possible to ski to the village right until closing day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey, there are quite often days in Ischgl when we have a "Ski home, or Germknödel in Idalp and gondola?" and pick cake+gondola over the dead skiier slalom that is the Ischgl home run.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ischgl has one of the best snow records in the European Alps.

Out of 1000+ major resorts, its season length and snow reliability are easily in the top-20.

Apr will be fine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rambotion wrote:
If hypothetically, the home runs were only open as low as the A1/A3 middle station, would it even affect your enjoyment of the week? You would miss a small bit of crappy skiing back into the town and probably have the annoyance of having to queue for a bit to download. Up until 16:30ish your day would be pretty much unaffected. Personally, even if I knew that the home runs would be closed but everything above 1700m open then it wouldn't put me off going

It wouldn’t particularly put me off but my wife is coming along on this week and as she’s no longer interested in skiing I thought it might be nice to fly back down to the village at lunchtime for a little bite to eat with her.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or she can get some pedestrian round trip tickets and join you for lunch up the mountain. Certainly she could get to the restaurants in Idalp and Pardorama and possibly walk down the piste to get to Vider Alp.

Looking on the website it suggests she could even meet you for lunch in Samnaun for lunch, using the "Smugglers Ticket".
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve been to Ischgl in April twice now and have booked again for April 2024.
Both times had great snow up high and just a bit soft low down.
Powder days both times.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Love the pics @clarky999 Very Happy Great stuff!

They certainly answer the "Will there be decent snow in April?" query quite definitively!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy