Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo seasoned skier looking to join for 23-24 season trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings! Hope y'all doing great.
Male Canadian in his first year of retirement in France looking to join others for european skiing trips during '23-'24 season. Advanced skier, off piste from time to time, but not looking to break any records but to simply enjoy the company of people and the beauty of the places I'm going to. I prefer high altitude skiing and the quality of snow that comes with it but that's only a preference not a limitation. I live on the French Riviera so reaching most of the places won't be a problem. Looking forward to 'hear' from you! Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi.
I’m travelling solo from Australia in April. I’ll be attending the End of Season Bash at Val Thorens with many other Snowheads (April 13-20) but I’ll be at Tignes before that for a few days by myself. Dates I’ll be there are April 9 to April 13. On the 13th I’ll move onto Val Thorens but plan on catching the last day of the season at Sainte Foye on the way.

I’m male and 51 years old. Wannabe skier that enthusiastically and sometimes unskilfully likes to tackle most slopes on the hill. I don’t mind a beer or two before dinner in the evening.

I’ll also be in Serre Chevalier in late January but will be travelling with my wife who I enjoy skiing with but is a relatively timid skier. If you’re in that area at that time I’d be fine to catch up for a day or two. We’re staying in Briancon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have an apartment in Cervinia you're welcome to join us in 17th March.

It will sleep 6, but only 2 going at the moment. It might not be posh enough for you, but we'll have a great time. Weather permitting(always has been so far) we'll be over in Zermatt most days. We'll be skiing with Ski Club GB, but anyone is welcome to join. Cooking full English with smuggled bacon and sausage in the morning, and eating out evenings. It's as high the highest skiing in Europe - Kleine Matterhorn is nearly 4000m. Resort not as as high as VT, but still pretty high. Don't get any more beautiful than Zermatt.

There is a post with details that's just slipped to page 2.

Hope you have a great winter.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out the SnowHeads Snow Events/Bashes - you might be able to join one.....

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=31
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sbooker wrote:
Hi.
I’m travelling solo from Australia in April. I’ll be attending the End of Season Bash at Val Thorens with many other Snowheads (April 13-20) but I’ll be at Tignes before that for a few days by myself. Dates I’ll be there are April 9 to April 13. On the 13th I’ll move onto Val Thorens but plan on catching the last day of the season at Sainte Foye on the way.

I’m male and 51 years old. Wannabe skier that enthusiastically and sometimes unskilfully likes to tackle most slopes on the hill. I don’t mind a beer or two before dinner in the evening.

I’ll also be in Serre Chevalier in late January but will be travelling with my wife who I enjoy skiing with but is a relatively timid skier. If you’re in that area at that time I’d be fine to catch up for a day or two. We’re staying in Briancon.

G'day mate!
Thanks for your response to my post. Luv ur kind, in 2018 I shared an apartment and one week of skiing in Whistler with a bloke (?) from Melbourne, fantastic guy, hope to meet him again when I get to down under one day.
Like the idea of meeting you in Tignes, pm me the exact days u r there and where u staying. Same here, wife also a very cautious skier so I'll run this by her and... who knows?! And a beer or two before dinner in the evening I thought it's a must for apres ski, in'it? Puzzled Cheers!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gilgamesh wrote:

It will sleep 6, but only 2 going at the moment. It might not be posh enough for you, but we'll have a great time. Weather permitting(always has been so far) we'll be over in Zermatt most days. We'll be skiing with Ski Club GB, but anyone is welcome to join. Cooking full English with smuggled bacon and sausage in the morning, and eating out evenings. It's as high the highest skiing in Europe - Kleine Matterhorn is nearly 4000m. Resort not as as high as VT, but still pretty high. Don't get any more beautiful than Zermatt.

Thanks for ur reply to my post. The only posh I know about is the one from ur Spice Girls, is there any other kind? Puzzled
Been to Zermatt twice and so far no other ski places I've been so far has taken its top place on my destinations list. Close maybe Jackson Hole WY because of the bowls...but no gluhwine so no. Cervinia is a dream to ski especially on a sunny day. I'll check the post you mentioned and keep you...posted (no duh was intended!).
Enjoy the white season with all its beauty!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
M8Motz wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:

Thanks for ur reply to my post. The only posh I know about is the one from ur Spice Girls, is there any other kind? Puzzled
Been to Zermatt twice and so far no other ski places I've been so far has taken its top place on my destinations list. Close maybe Jackson Hole WY because of the bowls...but no gluhwine so no. Cervinia is a dream to ski especially on a sunny day. I'll check the post you mentioned and keep you...posted (no duh was intended!).
Enjoy the white season with all its beauty!

Yep, Zermatt is something to behold

Skiing with Ski Club GB is amazing. You don't need look at a piste map all week. You'll get taken to the best places, often getting priority treatment. As I said, they don't mind none members joining the group.

We're also in St Anton on 3rd Feb. Our rooms are booked at The Kirchplatz hotel though, we have no spaces.

A good season to you too - whatever you do.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree that skiing with SCGB is "amazing" but just want to clarify that non-members are welcome just for one day. After that you are expected to join the Club.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@M8Motz, Welcome to Snowheads Smile if you are after a holiday with a group coaching element we run courses in Meribel and Baquiera - Beret Spain.. click on my signature link to check em out....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jehu wrote:
I agree that skiing with SCGB is "amazing" but just want to clarify that non-members are welcome just for one day. After that you are expected to join the Club.

Hi Jehu.

I didn't realise that. I didn't feel pressured to join, but was more than happy to, and been a member ever since.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,
53 year old English guy, good intermediate skier, I am staying in Les Deux Alpes for a week from 27th Jan, it's a great resort, village at 1650m and rises to 3,600
My wife will be with me but does not ski, so would be great to have some company on the slopes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gilgamesh wrote:
Jehu wrote:

Hi Jehu.

I didn't realise that. I didn't feel pressured to join, but was more than happy to, and been a member ever since.

I joined the same way in St Anton many years ago when I went solo for the first time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy