Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone checked their skis in as a surfboard for the extra weight?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This might be a dumb question, but:

If you fly easyjet you can check skis in at £37 each way or a windsurf or board for £45. Skis have a weight limit of 20KG, the surfboard has a limit of 32KG. You can see where I'm going here, right? If you have a big ski bag do they care what's actually in it as long as it's under the weight limit? Would mean I could skip taking any other bags at £30+ each way so it's a cheaper option.

Asking for a friend...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not an expert by any means but I can imagine the issue would be if they didn't deliver your "surfboard " to the destination they may only cover the costs of hiring a surfboard....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you imagine the cost of getting a surfboard delivered to the alps in Feb?

I wish they'd have a couple of weight options for the skis as it seems like up to 32KG is fine as long as you pay for it in advance. Think BA do up to 23 which helps a bit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always found 2 pairs of skis + bindings and a pair of boots, come in at 23kg Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Book it in.
If queried, tell them you didnt see the ski option.
Not like they will refund you if they spot it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, but I've flown a kayak booked as a windsurf...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The amount of water there is currently in the western alps you’d be better off with a surfboard or canoe!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@B., yes, i did this with easyjet a couple of seasons ago from gatwick, they did not seem to care that i was only checking in a ski bag instead of a windsurf!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flew with Crystal in march and had my skis and friends snowboard few other things weighed in at over 30kg, the ticket printed out 0kg and no one questioned it at any point
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy