Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking for another to avoid single supplements next week

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I`m a solo male skiers intending to go to Val D`Isere for a weeks skiing on the lovely recent snow and trying to avoid paying the single supplement. Have found a few medium / good deals. Departing anywhere between 13th and 17 December. Have found Hotel / chalets , half board, flights & transfers included, Gatwick or Manchester. I`m 69 medium skier, fit & no bad habits (that I`m aware of...) rolling eyes and itching to get a weeks skiing in before Xmas. Preferable someone of similar age. I`m also happy to go for the single occupancy rooms and pay the supplement if preferred.
Please get in touch. Jaff
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jeff,

I’m in a similar position and going solo for the first time as usual ski buddies all have various issues Eh oh! . Are you set on Val d’Isere as each time I’ve been there, it doesn’t really float my boat. Piste prep/condition always seems to be worse than neighbouring Tignes and I’ve heard that it’s intentional as they like it like that. Womens World Cup races are there 16/17th Dec, too, in case you didn’t know.

I’ve been looking for a room in a chalet to then hopefully ski with others in the chalet but the restriction of just being one person means a large supplement. There are a lot of chalets that are still empty but maybe that is normal for this time of year.

Would be happy to share a room in a chalet as that would open up so many more choices. I’ve seen plenty of options in 3 Valleys, if that is of interest.

Being in East Kent, it would need to be Gatwick, too. 54 year old male and a typical British intermediate! I’m fine skiing any piste as long as it doesn’t get lumpy! Don’t see the appeal of moguls Eh oh!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Single Supplement?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stevesie, I’m guessing we’re both looking to avoid the single supplement, if that is your question.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out YSEski. Chalet les Chardons - Val d'Isere. Single rooms with no supplement all season. Large comfortable rooms, great food & good company. Centre of village. Have been seveeal times on my own and always found plenty of folk to ski with
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@fvlover, Thanks.
That might appeal to the OP @JaffJaan but I’d rather not go to Val
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies. Smartin; yes I seem to be set on Val d`Isere.. at the moment ! Have found a good deal in a Chalet leaving on this Wednesday (13th) from Gatwick and its a room share at a reasonable cost. Skiing over to Tignes will be easy to sample the well prepared slopes. I`m very keen to go so please do let me know your thoughts. Thanks: Jaff
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fvlover; Many thanks for the info on Chalet les Chardons with YSE, I just wish they would start offering the flights too. But its a possibility in future. Thanks. Jaff
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fvlover; Many thanks for the info on Chalet les Chardons with YSE, I just wish they would start offering the flights too. But its a possibility in future. Thanks. Jaff
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevesie wrote:
Single Supplement?

A hotel (chalet etc.) room costs pretty much the same whether there's one or two people occupying it, so the overall price per person of a holiday will tend to be more for a single traveller than four a couple. Package holidays are often shown with a price per person, assuming dual occupancy, and add a supplement if you're on your own.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Smartin
I am also looking for a ski buddy and possibly roomshare. I am not that fussed as where to go, as long there is snow. Anywhere in Alps. The only constrain from my end is the date. I am able to go only on 16th or 17th. If you are interested, please let me know. Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, I have bit the bullet so to speak and paid the single occupancy supplement. Leaving on the 13th to make the most of the one weeks sunshine after the bad weather. Still some places in the chalet as of today in case anyone can make it. Cheers Jaff
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JaffJaan,
Judging by the fact you were looking at going on 13th, I think you and I were both looking at the same company’s chalets, just in different resorts. Might be wrong, of course, but I was looking at Leski.

I spoke to them the other day and had a good chat about the chalet I was looking at and what the price would be for single use of a twin. However, since then, I’ve discovered I am in a covid positive household, so now 50/50 as to whether I go or not Eh oh!

Glad you’ve sorted your holiday out and sorry it didn’t work out to save us both a bit of cash. Enjoy the snow Eh oh!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dennisoft,
As I just mentioned in my reply to @JaffJaan, my plans are now a bit up in the air, unfortunately. 16/17th would be more awkward for me work wise, too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
S Martin, Yes you are right, it is Leski at the Burger chalet. Your discovery of Covid household is unfortunate since it would not seem
right if you took off skiing except if those effected were able and capable of monitoring themselves, insisted that you go and you were clear a few days before you leave. So, if you can come on the 20th for a week (Xmas in Val d`Isere) and the weather for that week looks good, I can stay on at the Burger for another week and we can do a room share.
I will know what the weather forecast is while I`m there and decide say on the 17th / 18th. If that suits your plans we can stay in touch and together book the week stating the 20th. I have a basic mobile and do not take a lap top or Ipad so we will have to communicate via Whatsapp while I`m there. Can we private message on this site ? since we would have to exchange tel numbers.
Also its worth staying in touch since I`m a serial skier and go multiple times in the season (have already bought my season ticket)
and we may be able to sort out something in Jan / Feb / March. (Also applies to Dennisoft on this forum or anyone else).
Cheers Jaff Little Angel
snow report
@JaffJaan,
I was still tested negative earlier today and the person that was previously positive, tested negative today, so I made a last minute booking with leSki to Courchevel for 13th to 20th Dec Eh oh!
If you are flying from Gatwick, I’ll probably be on the same flight as you!
snow report
Great news. I intend to be at Gatwick early. My suitcase and ski bag are black and have JAFF written on them . I`m tall slim dark receeding hair so if you get this message keep an eye out for me. Have a good one Jaff
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy