Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Mantra M6 for Intermediate?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Intermediate Skier - mid 40’s - 5’-10” 200lbs.
Was on Elan Explore 82 skis for 7 years - my first and only pair. Needed a big time upgrade felt these skis were Holding me back in getting better.
I consider myself an intermediate skier, comfortable on blues and blacks. Most skiing done out west No so big on trees or moguls but will ride them occasionally I am still working on my carving technique still skidding down steeps, and love the occasional speed - have topped out at 46 MPH - I don’t consider myself an aggressive skier not getting any younger but I plan to improve my carving skills this year With practice. I didn’t want to get a ski that with time I would eventually overcome and stay stuck with I wanted a ski I would eventually work my skills and techniques into as I gain more experience and settle into it nicely. I don’t plan on buying another pair of skis in a loooong time as I am well invested in the Mantra M6. I did a lot of research on it and i understand it’s an overpowering and demanding ski. I am looking forward to the challenge. I am not concerned about the weight of the skis as I am in good shape and have strong legs turning won’t be an issue or fatigue. I am excited to purchase . Did I make a good choice?? honest thoughts? I am Ready to invest Eh oh! Eh oh! [b][/b]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads, its an international forum with uk roots so most on here would consider out west to be somewhere like Alp d'Huez.

But sure someone will be along soon to answer your question.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was always told that one should "buy up". Don't buy the ski for the skier you are, but the skier you want to be. By the sound of things the Mantra would be good (long time mantra owner), other skis are available.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Can’t wait!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am delighted with my Mantra M6s. Great all mountain skis, but as you mention they are heavy require a degree of drive!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Joeblue7, Volkl Kendo abetter choice! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at maverick 95ti son went from 5 weeks on skis to full season and has just got a longer pair (long story). Should be able to give a review on his shorter pair of 180s in a few weeks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I skiied on them last season (177cm), i've sold them now and am using Kendos which are, for me, nicer to ski and still plenty of performance. 50, v fit, 79kg, ski patroller although i don't use these for work. They do need worked quite hard to get the best out of them and I'd probably have been better on the shorter 170 given my weight. Kendo to me feels the same bt a lot easier to get around on. YMMV.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’ve got them in 191cm and they’re my go to for the majority of days when I’m frontside. Early 40s, 6’3, c.100kg, ex racer and CSIA instructor (cos it’s better than BASI Razz ).

They need to be driven hard, and the 3D side cut takes some getting used to (and really rewards proper angulation) so not sure I’d recommend them to people still working on carving technique.

But they always put a smile on my face and they certainly reward intention. Speed is your friend on Mantras as well!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy