Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl New Years Eve and Post Covid Apres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to fly out to Ischgl on 30th December, does anybody have any experience of NYE in resort? It'll be my first time going back there post covid and first time for NYE.

I have a feeling most of the big bars will have ticketed events on and the hotel restaurants will be tied up with gala evenings so want to get something booked but am not seeing a great deal advertised yet. Has anybody got any experience or recommendations for NYE in Ischgl? I'm looking to avoid previous years where I've not sorted anything before getting into resort only to find everywhere booked up and spend the night bar hopping a couple of backstreet boozers and ringing in the new year with a celebratory kebab Laughing

Also for anyone that's been the last couple of years, is the apres back to pre-covid standards? I keep reading that they are targeting a more relaxed, upmarket vibe but am hopeful that some things never change Razz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went last year for the first time, so can't compare to pre-covid - but 'relaxed' is not in the top 100 adjectives I'd use..!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was never there in previous years so have nothing to compare it to bar outside resorts, but I thought the Apre last year, from 4 until my 10pm bedtime at least, was top class
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GottaCatchEmAll, The loathsome mob that run Ischgl had to say something to keep the politicians happy after the PR disaster of spring 2020 hence all the blah about "going upmarket" etc etc. Once the bars opened again all they care about is how much cash they can get off visitors, whatever was said to enable them to reopen has been conveniently forgotten, bring back Beer Pong Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember going to Ischgl in the early 90's. Being neither middle aged or affluent we found the apres to be awful. Very different to the likes of Mayrhofen and Saalbach from an apres point of view.

Out of control drunks at the end of the day made skiing down into town terrifying as the home runs were icy to say the least that particular week.

Never thought it was the worth the extra cost above the Austrian 'norm' to return.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl is a bit of a Marmite place with some.
I'm sure it is run as a cartell but it's not the only alpine resort that is run that way.
We are not into the apre much but easy to get somewhere quiet for a beer or two.
The runs back to the village are nice runs but best avoided much after 3pm. The skiing overall and lift system are excellent.
Have not been since covid may head back this winter now the russians are gone Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy