Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How warm these three-layers ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Recently I found a Helly Hansen Kickinghorse jacket for really cheap and I could not pass the deal.
Jacket is insulated but very lightweight.
I think it has primaloft 60g insulation and the HH Performance stuff for water proofing.
I am not familiar with the primaloft but the jacket feels very lightweight. So what is the level of warmth this can provide ?
If I layer this with 250g/m2 fleece and good base layer, what level of warmth it provides for frontside skiing application?
Warm? Very warm?
Just rough idea.
Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
on a scale, I'd say "warmish"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gflyer, Welcome to snowHead

I agree with @under a new name.

To give you an idea, a very warm Jacket would have 160g of insulation....and I've even seem 220g.

IMV. It's quite sensible to have lower insulation, as you can always layer up underneath...whereas you can't make a very warm jacket cooler on a hot day.

How much layering you will need greatly depends on whether you "Run hot" or feel the cold.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also, you need to cosy up round the neck and head. When it's very cold a balaclava under helmet is good. Warm gloves (or mittens) also important. And pay attention to legs too - merino long johns and warm ski trousers. If you live in the UK, just go out in the jacket a few times - you'll soon know how insulating it is.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy