Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody use heated gloves? Are they worth it and anybody recommend a good make ? I’m getting cold finger tips. I’m 50 years old
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Daughter has Reynaud's and uses Heated Glove Liners from Blazewear. The Liner Gloves work well and are well made. The charger gave up after a couple of weeks of use, but was replaced. I have no experience of their Heated Gloves.

https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gloves-and-glove-liners

Snow Deer is another brand mentioned on here....found on Amazon. They do Gloves, Mitts and Liners
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried many of the brands years ago, when most were based on Therm-Ic internals, and every pair was replaced under warranty, some more than once. The last pairs I bought were from Outdoor Research, and they are the first ones I've used that provided positive heat, rather than just stopping your hand getting cold. They also have heating on the back of the hands, rather than just the fingers, so work much better.

They can be difficult to find, and they aren't cheap, but if you've ever suffered from really cold hands, price doesn't come into it.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/collections/heated-gloves
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rather than gloves, have you thought about rechargeable hand warmers that you could place inside a pair of gloves instead?
Can pick them up for about £20 off amazon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had Therm-ic heatedgloves but they are expensive and both the heating filaments and gloves wore out. Now just use mitts with Decathlon hand warmers on cold days
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/hand-warmer-x10/_/R-p-161196?mc=8373953
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
redthunder wrote:
Does anybody use heated gloves? Are they worth it and anybody recommend a good make ? I’m getting cold finger tips. I’m 50 years old
I've used heated socks from Lenz for a few years and get on well with their system. Last couple of winters I've struggled more with cold hands, so bought Lenz heated gloves for a bit of improved comfort this coming winter. Not used the gloves for real yet, but they seem good quality. They have a a few different types of heated gloves available, including a lobster mitt where the heating element and battery pocket is located in a removable liner (which also works with the Hestra lobster mitts).

Lenz no longer ship direct to the UK since Brexit, but I think you can order them from The Piste Office if you want to buy them locally.

https://lenzproducts.com/en

https://www.thepisteoffice.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've looked a few times at heated gloves, I too have Reynauds. The 'solution' I have gone for is:
Silk liners - keep them on! Try to never let your hands get cold! Never handle things with bare hands. It makes a HUGE difference to start the day with warm hands, if you've "allowed" them to get cold it is almost impossible to heat them up.
Good quality gloves ... Mine have a pocket for a heat pack - although I have never found those useful tbh. Will try again.
Wrist "gloves" - these are fingerless and like a neck warmer - they make a big difference by keeping the blood flow on that big artery protected from the cold
Pushing up circulation and keeping rest of body warm (fingers are the first thing to be shut down)
I have found this has largely mitigated the problem - but it is perennial concern.
Would probably go for a heated gloves (liner) if I could be persuaded they were thin, went to finger tips, and could heat all day.
Strangely and happily I don't seem to have a toe / foot problem, perhaps because my feet are not squeezed in the boot? Oops, tempting fate, fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I too have Blazewear liners and have had no problems with them for the last 6 years they work well ...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hestra heater ski gloves , three power settings , even when minus 17 degrees c last year hands never got cold . Low setting lasts all day . Had mine three years no problems , wife had hers same time one glove stopped working and Hestra repaired free of charge two years after purchase . Not cheap but you get what you pay for .
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@redthunder, Mrs U has had to use active heating on hands and feet for 16 years now. She had some weird biker liners for a few years, then Blazewear twice, currently “SnowDeer”. Whoever they are.

1. She has Raynaud’s. Warming inserts are not adequate, not in the slightest.

2. Liners for her/us work much the best as any gloves work.

3. Bluetooth controls are a luxury, but an appreciated one.

4. You need elements down the fingers as well as across the back. Many things only do backs or palms. No use at all.

5. Manufacturers over sell battery use. She has three packs per unit.

YMMV
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy