Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japan 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
@musehead,

I was disapointed with the snow sculptures. Was there on the 2nd & 3rd day. Quite a few had already lost definition & looked like giant snowballs.
All a bit meh.

jingisukanwas good though
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gored, Quite a lot of them were made by high school kids or other youth groups (scouts etc) as part of a snow sculpture contest so can be expected to look less professional than most of the Sapporo snow festival ones.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On way home from a fabulous trip to Hakuba Valley. The most beautiful place, the best snow I've ever skied, and the locals were complaining it was their worst season ever. I want to go back in a good year Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Pending, not worth it, forget about it
Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pending, yes, totally not worth it - stay in Europe, we will look after Japan Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It reached 15°C in Otaru yesterday (12°C in Sapporo) - record breaking temperatures for February I believe. 23°C in Tokyo today! These are the kind of temperatures usually expected in May.

But the end of Feb and start of March looks like a return of cold + snow in Hokkaido at least.

Anyway, I've returned to the UK now and had another fantastic trip with great snow. Hope to be back again next winter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got very warm Saturday, Sunday and Monday, +10C at the base.

Absolutely pissed down Monday night into Tuesday morning.

Then turned to light snow which has turned into 1cm/hr dry, fluffy powder this morning (Wednesday 21st Feb).

The rest of the month looks cold and snowy Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mike Pow, where in Hokkaido are you?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Myfanwy wrote:
@Mike Pow, where in Hokkaido are you?

Niseko Resort Area
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, was there and in Otaru first 2 weeks of Feb and yes it was as good as I had built it up in my head to be ! Lots of good advice on here helped
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Myfanwy wrote:
@Mike Pow, was there and in Otaru first 2 weeks of Feb and yes it was as good as I had built it up in my head to be ! Lots of good advice on here helped

Should have hollered
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Next time! (And there will be ….) 8 days of it was on a Whiterooms tour
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Who needs to tour when the side pistes are like this Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/adjVlcTkVtk
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey guys - I'm contemplating visiting Nozawa Onsen or another resort in Nagano (recommendations welcome?), but was wondering if it was worth it with the snow conditions as they are at the moment? I'm in Japan from 6-22 March and thought I might try to catch some snow while I'm there if the conditions are worth it.
ski holidays
Looks pretty good at the moment. Myoko just got puked on. Keep an eye here
https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily-snow-weather-reports
ski holidays
Definitely worth it - on my recent trip the locals & regular seasonaires were complaining about the awful conditions, but for me it was some of the best snow I'd ever skied. Can't wait to go back. Recommend renting a car and travelling to different resorts as they are much smaller than European linked areas. Also check out Madarao for the pizza box lift too - a single seat, no safety bar or back to it, just hang on for dear life Very Happy
ski holidays
Cracking start to March on Honshu and some incredible forecasts for the coming days!
https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Happo-One/6day/mid
snow report
How are thing’s looking in Japan for late March, 2024? Weather reports show Hakuba is cooked but Hokkaido still looks very good. Any surprises?
snow report
Niseko just experienced one of its lowest February snowfalls in a decade.
snow conditions
comesatime wrote:
How are thing’s looking in Japan for late March, 2024? Weather reports show Hakuba is cooked but Hokkaido still looks very good. Any surprises?

Erm look at the link above. Hakuba about to get nuked
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Niseko just experienced one of its lowest February snowfalls in a decade.

And the skiing was great
ski holidays
March was quite good in central Japan.

https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily-snow-weather-reports/shiga-kogen-now/season/2023-2024¨

https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily-snow-weather-reports/myoko-now/season/2023-2024

Madeye-Smiley

Have to add, we could not make it. Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy