Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort of Risoul cut off from the world

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On its opening day, Sunday 3rd December, the ski station of Risoul in the Hautes Alpes is currently cut off from the outside world due to massive flooding in the village of Risoul lower down the valley.
269 firemen have been brought in from all over the department to help restore normality, 12 diggers are being used to clear the river bed so the water can flow away, what a start to their season, and we've been moaning about a bit of rain lower down spoiling our snow.......

https://www.bfmtv.com/bfm-dici/intemperies-dans-les-hautes-alpes-a-risoul-le-torrent-a-traverse-la-mairie_AD-202312030211.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked oh no, that is awful .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not far from us either.........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KenX, we were up there in the summer
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
had a walk up there yesterday , they have been clearing debris all day , season not due to start until 16th December , with pre season weekend 9th December subject to snow so I think they will be ok . 6 inch of snow so far here in Guillestre today and due to snow all night.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
petedavoski wrote:
had a walk up there yesterday , they have been clearing debris all day , season not due to start until 16th December , with pre season weekend 9th December subject to snow so I think they will be ok . 6 inch of snow so far here in Guillestre today and due to snow all night.

Thanks for the update. It looked awful for the community. We are looking forward to heading out there in Feb!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
petedavoski wrote:

Thanks for the update. It looked awful for the community. We are looking forward to heading out there in Feb!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just received this email from tourist office
Risoul: general mobilization
After the dismay that struck the small town of Risoul devastated by exceptional floods, it is time for mobilization. Mobilization for the inhabitants of Risoul. Mobilization for the resort and the upcoming season.

The Department of Hautes Alpes, helped by the Southern Region and the State, have built with the municipality of Risoul a real Marshall plan whose stated objective is to guarantee vacationers the possibility of coming and skiing in normal conditions for the Christmas holidays.

The current phase focuses first of all on the restoration of electricity and drinking water, the care of vulnerable people, and the evacuation of accumulated sludge. Regarding the access road to the station (Departmental 86), the latter remains closed. Portions of roads are unfit for traffic and there too the mobilized companies are working in these sectors.

Furthermore, a technical corridor is being set up along the route of the old Risoul road to allow ski lift personnel and structural work companies in particular to access the station.

Professionals from the ski area (Risoul Labellemontagne) have checked all the infrastructure (transformers, chairlift departure and arrival stations, water reserves for the production of artificial snow, ski slopes, etc.) and confirm that the ski area will be able to function favorably especially as snowfall and cold weather set in.

As the situation stands, there is no reason to cancel stays at the start of the season.

A newsletter will be published on the station’s social networks twice a week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One thing you can't criticise the French about, and can only admire is when they're faced with a Risoul type situation.

They work at a phenomenal pace, from obviously planning the solution through to implementing it.

More here

https://mesinfos.fr/05600-risoul/risoul-le-pont-provisoire-en-cours-d-installation-189430.html

https://www.alpes-et-midi.fr/actualite-9326-risoul-rd-186-le-pont-provisoire-est-en-train-de-trouver-sa-place
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am just back from Risoul (or more accurately Guillestre, but I skied in Risoul) and the work done is quite impressive. Even the buses can use the relief bridge they put together to fix the road.
The devastation lower down is visible in the village of Risoul, alas, with several houses obviously in the path of flash flooding, and still a lot of debris around... made me feel really sorry for those affected.

Incidentally, this was my first visit to Risoul and I was very pleasantly surprised by the resort. The resort itself, while purpose-built, is far from ugly, and the pistes are nicely varied. Snow was a bit thin and hard packed until the 31st, but it was still quite enjoyable. There are some questionable bits in the lift system, but they help keep crowds thin on some lovely pistes (Homme de Pierre area).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Loved Risoul / Vars when I visited in March 2020. Perhaps my favourite French resort of that (mid) size that I've been to so far.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy