Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Corvara to Venice late jan midweek?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
We are planning to stay in the Dolomites in Corvara and are looking to head back to Venice on January 29th - a monday. We are not planning to have a car and the only website with bus connections I have found is cortina express. It looks like they dont have any midweek connections from Corvara to Cortina. There has to be a way besides taxis to get back to venice on the 29th. Any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you get a SAD bus to Cortina...or to Bolzano and get a train??

A hire car would no doubt be cheaper and more convenient. I just booked one at Venice for 6 days in Jan for £90 Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.sad.it/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just checked SAD, there is a connection to Cortina 4 times that Monday, but it involves a bus down the valley to Brunico, a train to Dobbiaco, then a bus to Cortina. It takes 2h38 with connections, almost as long it would take to drive to Venice!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I put in Corvara as departure point and Venice Mestre station as destination and it gives one option leaving at 12.47, bus to S Lorenzo di Sebato, train to Fortezza, change train to Mestre, arriving 18.12. There must be buses from Mestre station to VCE airport.

It doesn't seem like there is a bus over the Gardena pass directly to Bolzano. I guess they can't guarantee its operation through the winter.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just thought I would have a look at Cortina Express schedule - there is a bus on Sunday the 28th : Or, get a taxi to Cortina on the 29th for the bus?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Someone else might be able to think of another option, but I always hire a car from the airport, so know very little about transfer options, sorry! Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albob wrote:
Just thought I would have a look at Cortina Express schedule - there is a bus on Sunday the 28th : Or, get a taxi to Cortina on the 29th for the bus?

Good thinking batman! Might just have to bite that taxi bullet! Cool

Any idea what that would that cost?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the the replies. Ive looked at renting a car but were coming from Innsbruck. Looks like cars are around $500 for a 6 day rental from there. Tough figuring this one out!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They wanted €50 from Bai de Dones up to Falzarego last time I asked. The hotel where you're staying may have negotiated a fixed rate with a taxi company.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PDXSKI wrote:
Thanks for the the replies. Ive looked at renting a car but were coming from Innsbruck. Looks like cars are around $500 for a 6 day rental from there. Tough figuring this one out!

You would have horrendous one way fees if you tried to drop it at Venice too. Any reason you're flying into one airport and leaving from another? But I guess it's too late to change that now??

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 2-12-23 20:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cars are so much cheaper in Italy in winter.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
luigi wrote:
PDXSKI wrote:

You would have horrendous one way fees if you tried to drop it at Venice too. Any reason you're flying into one airport and leaving from another? But I guess it's too late to change that now??

Yes flying into Munich and going through Austria before out of Venice. So sounds like a taxi may be one of the only options?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
luigi wrote:
albob wrote:

Good thinking batman! Might just have to bite that taxi bullet! Cool

Any idea what that would that cost?

Sorry, no idea !!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PDXSKI, Go to Venice on the Sunday then - spend some time there before your flight...?

Extra cost of a night in Venice -- but it is Venice !!!
latest report
Thats a great idea! Unfortunately we booked refugio lagazoui on Sunday as that was the only day they had avilable. Maybe that was why.. maybe we could ski hidden valley before this and just take the gondola down from the refugio just to head over to cortina? Would have to figure our luggage too I guess..
ski holidays
Can't you just take the bus to Brunico and then train from there? That's what I did when I stayed in San Vigilio last January to Venice. Crovara is bus linked to the same bus transfer we took from San Vigilio into Brunico if I'm remembering correctly.
latest report
PDXSKI wrote:
Thats a great idea! Unfortunately we booked refugio lagazoui on Sunday as that was the only day they had avilable. Maybe that was why.. maybe we could ski hidden valley before this and just take the gondola down from the refugio just to head over to cortina? Would have to figure our luggage too I guess..

The plot thickens!! Laughing

Where is your luggage while you stay the night at the Rifugio?

It's a cablecar (tram in USA), not a gondola, down from the Rifugio to Passo Falzarego. It's not so far from there down into Cortina! Taxi from there might be a good option, it's less than half the distance compared to Corvara. There are lots of taxis up at the pass that bring skiers up from Armentarola to do the Hidden Valley. I don't suppose any of them would mind a trip down to Cortina, the rifugio will no doubt be able to advise, this must happen a lot with their guests.

You can ski down from Lagazuoi to Falzarego, but that might not help if you have a 32kg suitcase in tow! Shocked

There used to be skibuses running up to Falzarego from the edge of Cortina linking Cinque Torri and Col Gallina ski areas, but since the new Cortina Express was built, that may have stopped. Still probably wouldn't have got you all the way to the bus station near the centre.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 3-12-23 11:33; edited 2 times in total
snow report
stevesie wrote:
Can't you just take the bus to Brunico and then train from there? That's what I did when I stayed in San Vigilio last January to Venice. Crovara is bus linked to the same bus transfer we took from San Vigilio into Brunico if I'm remembering correctly.

That was one of the options I found on the SAD journey planner, the bus to S Lorenzo di Sebato station, just on the edge of Brunico. It only gave one departure at 12.47 that got to Venice Mestre at 18.12. There are earlier buses down the valley, but maybe the train connections don't work??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy