Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TYROLIA ATTACK Vs MARKER GRIFFON

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When I recently tried the Ripstick 88's they had Tyrolia Attack 11's on which were great and I felt very connected to the ski...........

Speaking with the shops, all pushed the Marker Griffon as a better option due to my weight 95Kgs / 6FT........I would say I'm an enthusiastic intermediate

so I ordered the Griffon's.........Now I note the Griffon has a much higher step in height of 24mm compared to the Attack / 17mm...

Will I notice this? already being tall....I now concerned..

Thx
Max
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.levelninesports.com/learn-center/ski-snowboard-gear-education/ski-bindings
Quote:
Stand Height

Stand height is another important factor. This refers to how far off of the ski the binding lifts the boot. A 25-35mm stand height is usually correct for most recreational skiers who want to be able to learn to carve correctly and ski all mountain. A higher stand height is usually reserved just for racers, as it makes balancing difficult but does enable you to quickly get the ski on edge. A lower stand height is usually chosen by powder skiers or park riders or some beginners who need to maintain balance rather than the need to carve easily.

I notice Glisshop offers both of these as package options for those skis so I am sure both would be fine. The Griffon is a more expensive binding so will be more robust which given your weight and "enthusiastic" style seems appropriate.

And 24 is at the bottom of the range for a normal skier in the above so should be fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BTW, in this post you said you were 85 kgs and 176cm tall - you seem to have grown and put weight in the last couple of weeks!

I'm just teasing - I'm sure it's an honest mistake. But reading that thread I think the Griffon is a good option.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm afraid I weighed myself for the bindings and was a little upset Razz

Hoping I've made the right call with the Griffon's!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy