Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Restaurants - New Year's Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello -- We're a family of 4 (college age kids) from Florida. Going to St. Anton the week after Christmas. Probably with the rest of the world, but school/work schedules are what they are. Never been skiing in Europe. Can anyone tell me if dinner reservations will be required at the more casual restaurants/pubs? We're not "fine dining" folks -- more interested in good, casual food (local or otherwise) and cocktails, lively atmosphere, etc. I don't want to make a bunch of reservations way in advance and plan the whole thing out. Same time. I don't want to get stuck getting takeaway pizza every night either. Appreciate the input - thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For lunch, usually not but if you want to guarantee a particular restaurant then i would reserve.
For evenings then yes it would be reccomended. But you can often book on the day or better a day or so before if you are willing to be flexible about the time, or even restaurant.

casual and lively, evenings and central/nasserein - st antonio, maximillion, cafe schneider, bobos (tex-mex), anthonies, theos, bodega (tapas - no reservations, always full), galzig bistro (small - reserve), dorfstube, burgers and apres in murmel bar,

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 1-12-23 0:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mikerol, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

In St. Anton if you want good casual local food then I quite like the Fuhrmanstube.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks y'all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mikerol, Lunches no need to book but evenings definitely.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Advisable to book something new years eve as everything is booked up. Unless you're off to bed early.

Anyone flying from Zurich Airport on Thursday 4th of January I have a booking at 6am for transfer from St anton. I have space and looking to fill a car. Three spots available.

I go to St anton every new years. Recommendations for food. Giggles, cafe schneider, steakhouse at hotel sporthotel on main street, Rendl beach for lunch up Rendl, tapas at Bodega, Griabli restaurant by mooserwirt fir lunch.

Any more advice needed DM me!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tadhgog -- Thank you! For NY Eve, will it be fun to kind of walk the streets and take it as it comes if we're just looking to have drinks and catch some live music vs. a sit down dinner? Or will even the bars and pubs require reservations to get in the door? I envision the wife making it to about 10p and my daughters and I getting after it a bit.

Also, I'd love to tag along on that Jan 4 ride to Zurich, but have already booked train tix. We don't fly out until Jan 5. Plus I have 4 people, not 3.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ya strolling the streets new years eve is a better option. Bar Cuba, Rosanas and Murmel are lively pubs to drop into. They will be busy new years eve. Pub 37 next to murmel has 37 seats but last new years eve I dropped in there we got seats and it was perfect.

At midnight the streets are packed for fireworks show.

Giggls are doing a €100 per person gala dinner menu and live music from 10pm on. You're guaranteed a spot in a bar there with that which you might not be without a booking but as I said you would get into a bar albeit busy!

I wouldn't worry too much about new years eve. The apres ski scene at mooser krazy and taps is what it's all about. Dropped you a DM with my email if you want more advice or a baby guinness on the slopes!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just emailed you back. Catch you in St Anton.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy