Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowsure for December 15th Trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive just read [url=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/snow-reports-ski-resorts-weather-conditions-france-austria/?WT.mc_id=e_DM241735&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Tra_New_WED&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Tra_New_WED20231129&utm_campaign=DM241735][/url] and im wondering if I should book Val T now?

Can anyone see this drastically changing/being risky? If so, what resort would you recommend? Im wanting to fly to either Geneva, Turin or Milan in that order.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val Thorens will be less risky than most alternatives (and not everywhere will be open by 15 December). I wouldn't swallow whole any reports in the Telegraph. Have a look at recent posts on the "weather threads" here on snowheads for more nuanced views. There's a lot of rain around to quite high altitude in the next few days - things can change for the worse, or for the better, very quickly at this time of year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/snow-reports-ski-resorts-weather-conditions-france-austria/?WT.mc_id=e_DM241735&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Tra_New_WED&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Tra_New_WED20231129&utm_campaign=DM241735

Link fixed
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Val Thorens will be less risky than most alternatives (and not everywhere will be open by 15 December). I wouldn't swallow whole any reports in the Telegraph. Have a look at recent posts on the "weather threads" here on snowheads for more nuanced views. There's a lot of rain around to quite high altitude in the next few days - things can change for the worse, or for the better, very quickly at this time of year.

Yeah agree, read quite an in-depth report by a SH member. Just want to book soon whilst flights are cheap, oh is a teacher so tied to half terms but they finish early this year so flights are still really cheap.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:

booked flights and car. Going to book a couple hotels with free cancellation as some are able to be cancelled 2 days before arrival so nothing lost
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not sure what would be risky?

Val T will be open and have plenty of skiing.

On what basis/circumstances would you not be happy to go?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at the current snow reports, it seems as though there's good snow cover over most of the Alps.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:

well ive read countless comments on threads and never see a definitive answer Very Happy but I may take your optimism and go for Val T!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Tjhodgson_145, as @Layne says there's not really any risk at all in reality (or at least is very minimal). Lots of snow down to resort level and another 30cm due today/tomorrow.

https://www.valthorens.com/en/webcam/webcam-rond-point-des-pistes/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tjhodgson_145 wrote:
Layne wrote:

well ive read countless comments on threads and never see a definitive answer Very Happy but I may take your optimism and go for Val T!

You are right there are countless comments and questions about conditions at abc on xyz date. And whether it is "snowsure". Quite often these days with an accompanying proviso of "I know you won't be able to tell me" Laughing

Part of the problem with answering is knowing what the people want to know. And indeed even if they know what they want to know. To explain, in the last 13/14 year I have mainly skied twice a year at the arse ends of the season (having children so restricted to school holidays but try avoid Feb HT). Only once as a resort not opened at all (Les Sept Laux - Dec 2014, when we switched to Tignes last minute). We have experienced everything from pretty poor up top with white man made strips to lower villages, through to magnificent conditions with lots of powder and everything in between (hot & sunny, cloudy and cold, 2.5 days of snow, rain!). Often changing drastically days before or during the trip (for better or worse). So if you are talking about whether somewhere is snowsure are you talking about risk of not opening, risk of poor snow conditions with bare patches and strips lower down or the risk that things might not be great piste or off piste.

Anyway, Val T is the highest ski resort in Europe, has the longest season and the biggest risk you will have is if a storm blows in because of it's altitude and exposure you may be or want to be confined to barracks.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was in VT last season, and loads of v good stuff even when so many places were suffering elsewhere. It's so high...
For useful weather/latest round-up:

https://welove2ski.com/a-november-to-remember-snow-report/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Given the current conditions and the forecast, I think anywhere in the northern Alps with plenty of skiing above 2000m would be safe. Probably lower too, but 2 weeks away is a bit far to be certain.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey everyone last minute trip December 11
To Val Thorens but can’t seem to book a train from chambery to moutiers- anyone know why?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy