Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 More chair lifts for La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
La Plagne in France is building two more charilifts this summer, adding to the ten it already has.
One of the new lifts will run from La Roche to Aime 2000, the other from Les Coches to Lac Noir.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin, booked for Les Coches at February half-term so this is interesting news.

Don't know if I'm looking at an old or defunct piste map but I can't see Lac Noir, any ideas where it is ?

I think the other chairlift is replacing Bouclet drag ? If so that's a shame bacause it's one of the most violent drags I've ever been on, great fun !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lac noir is the bubble to get you back to La Plagne just above Les Coches
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of La Plagne information including news and photos on the new lifts maybe found here:
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/ANG_index.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Exactly.

La Roche six-person chairlift will replace Bouclets draglifts I and III, and...Charmettes draglift.
Plan Bois six-person chairlift will replace Plan Bois two-person chairlift.

You can follow the works on my website (Thanks boredsurfin).
Its adress has just been changed : it's now www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr (English version will be soon online)

RG Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Getting rid of those drags is a real shame they were a constant source of ammusement Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redrunmarcus, Plus a very nice little used piste will become much busier. Toofy Grin I have it on good authority that no self respecting snowboarder would use those drags and I must say I never saw a boarder on that piste Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charmettes draglift and Charmettes black slope (bottom of Emile Allais slope) will disappear too...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, ah how things will change in the future eh? Roll on next season Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking at the cost helps explain lift pass prices Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick Zotov, £ 4.3 milllion pounds in round terms Shocked Before you even consider the cost of the piste bashers.
What do you think this little lot costs to buy let alone run?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, I've seen those bashers out of an evening in 'formation' (very pretty too - especially for those who like corduroy surfaced pistes) but that is a super shot. What do you call a parking lot of off-season pister-beasties ????? A summernation ???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kuwait_ian, As they had all been de-tracked and had their blades removed I assumed that they were awaiting collection for their annual service?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Walked over to Coqs today and those of you who who struggled up the slope to the Coqs chairlift's turnstiles will be pleased to know that the entrance has been re-modelled to give a much flatter approach, so hopefully no more small (and not so small) skiers sliding back over your ski's. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here is the latest photo of the lift construction at La Roches taken just the other week. Considerable work being done and the main post for the lift all the way to Aime 2000 are in place

[/img]
snow report
I come back from La Plagne. New photos of all works on my website : http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm

RG Smile
snow report
www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr now in English !
snow conditions
Excellent news, the website gets better all the time Laughing
snow report
RG, but all the text is in french still?!!
snow report
Yes...News and History are still in french. I can't translate that now. I search volunteers Wink
ski holidays
I tried to translate News. I don't know if it's all correct.
snow report
New photos of lifts !

Plan Bois chairlift and La Roche chairlift
ski holidays
Excellent! Christmas can't come soon enough Very Happy
snow report
boredsurfin, RG, There must be considerable expansion plans for the La Roche area (BernardC's waistline aside) to justify such a big and expensive lift in such a place?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, RG will know more, but as with all property development lot's of rumour but no facts Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, They like to carry their VIP's in the style that they are accustomed to...... Toofy Grin

It must now be clear to you that I am not just a pretty face, having the X factor to spot this location.

I hope you enjoyed your 'Colonic Irrigation' session.....?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, There will be a very large car park at this lift Very Happy

Park here and save driving all the way up Toofy Grin
ski holidays
BernardC, Laughing
For some reason they put the tube in my mouth wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, aah that's why you still retain a lot of it........ Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
BernardC, No, I think its because thats the oriice most of the ......... comes out of. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
kuwait_ian wrote:
boredsurfin, I've seen those bashers out of an evening in 'formation' (very pretty too - especially for those who like corduroy surfaced pistes) but that is a super shot. What do you call a parking lot of off-season pister-beasties ????? A summernation ???

I really like the odd one ot trying to sneak into the picture. Do you think it regretted its career choice?
ski holidays
SAP just wants to do of La Roche chairlift an access for day skiing...
ski holidays
skanky, Toofy Grin or regretted its choice of colour.................................
latest report
Bump

Latest on the new chairlifts here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm

Looks like the newlift's are on scedule to open in December as planned Very Happy
ski holidays
Where is La Roche? Which side of the LP domain is it?
snow conditions
rob@rar, Its on the road up to La Plagne, just below the bottom of the Bobsleigh.
So will save day visitors from having to drive all the way up. (or just opposites Bernards place!)
snow conditions
boredsurfin, thanks. Is there a car park there? Will certainly improve access to the skiing by those coming up from the valley.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
boredsurfin, thanks. Is there a car park there? Will certainly improve access to the skiing by those coming up from the valley.

Apparently there is a large car park, I guess it's going to be gravel as there was no sign of it in August. Confused

Looking at the photo's in that link the 4th one shows a grey area to the left, that may be the car park.
latest report
It replaces Bouclets draglifts I & III

ski holidays
RG, Morning Romain snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy