Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi Izgi - Innsbruck to Lech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm researching a private transfer from Innsbruck Airport to Lech for 4 people in January. The cheapest service I can find is www.taxiizgi.com, at EUR360, return.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of them, positive or negative?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[deleted, as incorrect]

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 20-11-23 15:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No experience with both.
Would expect that that the Lechtaxi minibus price is one-way only...

I do know Der Lecher, but they are expensive. Locals though, which can be an essential asset in case of bad weather. Been there. They saved us when our booked taxi from Innsbruck didn't show up due to heavy snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
koru wrote:
I'm researching a private transfer from Innsbruck Airport to Lech for 4 people in January. The cheapest service I can find is www.taxiizgi.com, at EUR360, return.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of them, positive or negative?

Never used or heard of them but the website is pretty suspect. Dodgy translations copied all over the place on the lower part of the home page, no impressum (illegal in AT and GER), and email address to a different business (Tirol Taxi, who are legit).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@koru, Why not get train to St Anton from IBK and Post Bus (or taxi if preferred, loads to choose from based in St Anton) to/ from Lech - for a fraction of the cost?

Never heard of them and we use taxis around Anton and Lech a lot in winter, sounds dodgy to me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
@koru, Why not get train to St Anton from IBK and Post Bus (or taxi if preferred, loads to choose from based in St Anton) to/ from Lech - for a fraction of the cost?
A private transfer is a fraction of the time and much less hassle. Between 4 people, the price isn't bad.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the comments about not having heard of Izgi. Worth being cautious.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They seem to have a second web address: http://www.innsbruck-taxi-airport.com

Same email and contact details. Higher price.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@koru, Looks dodgy to me, give them a call and see what you get? A lot of these companies are run from outside Austria, I used one a few years ago and I had poor service, late pick ups etc. Like I said above i'd personally get train to St Anton and get a local taxi from there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or Innsbruck-Landeck train. Postbus to Lech. Admittedly only done that once but very smooth. Postbuses seem to be scheduled to be waiting for the train (right outside Landeck Station) or arrive very soon after. Seems amazing after the s**tshow that passes for public transport here.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have had several good experiences with Innsbruck based companies. But, as mentioned, some bad ones too. Always when it was snowing.
One time we had a very friendly driver from Greece. It turned out he was driving the route for the first time, and did not yet practice with snowchains. Luckily the sun was shining Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why are looking for the CHEAPEST taxi transfer service?
Have you booked the cheapest accommodation you can find, or somewhere that you really like the look of?
Will you look for the cheapest ski rental, or pick the best service?
Will you be looking for the cheapest restaurants in Lech, or those offering the best food?
Will you look for the cheapest ski school, or the one that's nearest to your accommodation?
Will you search for the cheapest bar, or drink excessively overpriced drinks at the hotel bar because it's nice and convenient?

Lech is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the Austrian Alps, so why look for the cheapest transfer?
Surely paying a bit more for a reputable transfer company that you don't have to spend any time worrying about, is going to be a drop in the ocean in comparison to your overall holiday costs.
Okay the taxi companies based in the Arlberg resorts are charging € 350 each way this season, which is a high price, but you can find some of the best transfer companies charging € 230 - € 260 each way between Innsbruck airport and Lech.
A private transfer is a luxury, and not a necessity. But it can also highly improve your holiday experience. Or ruin it if you choose a bad one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy